We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long at Killarney National Park?

Boston,MA
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How long at Killarney National Park?

We will be leaving Dingle and driving to Killarney for a stop at the Park. It appears the drive will take about an hour and a half?

How long should we plan to visit the park? Would 3 or 4 hours be enough or should we plan more time? If it happens to be "pouring rain", would you still go to the park or visit some place else?

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,424 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long at Killarney National Park?

Killarney National Park is the whole Killarney Wooded area from Killarney Town almost as far as Kenmare.

You may be thinking of Muckross House and Gardens.

If it is THE National Park you are thinking of, then quite honestly you could spend a week there. There are magnificent places to walk, lakes to see. Torc Waterfall, Mangerton Mountain, Ladies View and more.

If you are thinking Muckross House and Gardens, then 3-4 hours is enough and yes, visit even if it is raining. The House is magnificent and there is a lovely restaurant in the visitors centre. There are lovely walks in the gardens and everybody goes out in the rain!!

Don't forget to visit Torc Waterfall as well - Torc is better after rain.

Boston,MA
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How long at Killarney National Park?

oops. I stand corrected. Wow, I didn't realize it was that big. Yes I was referring to the Muckross House and Gardens. I am glad it is still worth a visit even when raining. Thank you.