We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B help!

Chico, CA...
5 posts
Save Topic
B&B help!

Hi there, I was looking for help for a trip with my Mom and Grandmother in July. This is our basic iternary I was looking for help with B&B in the areas we are interested in. Would prefer to not pay more then 30Euros per night, but I am not sure considering July is high season. Thanks for the help.

July 7 Arrive Dublin 2 nights Dublin

July 9 Travel Dublin to Galway 136 miles spend night in Galway

July 10 Travel Galway to Kilarney 120 miles spend night in Kilarney

July 11 Kilarney visit sights ring of kerry, dingle, spend night in Kilarney

July 12 Travel Kilarney to Cork City 54 miles, spend night in Cork City

July 13 Travel Cork City to Waterford 78 miles, spend night in Waterford

July 14 Travel Waterford to Dublin 98 miles, spend night in Dublin near airport

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
9,191 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B help!

jess, your itinerary looks fine except for the 11th of July. You will not be able to drive around the Ring of Kerry AND go to Dingle as well. I am not sure why you want to go to Waterford and unless there is a particular reason you might consider cutting that area out and staying an extra night in Killarney so that you CAN go to Dingle.

I don't know whether you will be able to find B&Bs for 30 Euros a night. As you said yourself, July is high season.

I advise you to book accommodation as soon as possible, all the towns on your list are busy places!

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
15,394 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B help!

jess, since you are going to have your grandmother with you, i would suggest only one night in dublin....it is terribly hectic there and i think your time could be better spent....your july 9 and 10 will be mostly driving and a very long day of it at that....as claud already stated you can't do the ring of kerry and dingle in the same day, impossible....the ring by itself is a full day and the same for dingle....both days would be just driving and driving......

with only 7 days i would think about cutting out some of the places you have planned and save then for another time....you don't want to do nothing but drive and not get to enjoy your surroundings and with your present itinerary that is what you will be doing except for the latter part of the trip....

just something to consider....

Chico, CA...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B help!

Thanks for the help, I think we will cut Waterford from the trip and spend an extra day in Kilarney (for the Ring and Dingle). Can anyone recomend B&B in these Dublin, Galway, Kilarney, and Cork City? Thanks again for all the help, we are really looking forward to this trip!!!

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
15,394 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B help!

jess i hope all of you have a terrific time....the last part of your trip sounds ideal to me but those first days make me tired just reading them...but then i am 59 and i hate spending all day in the car, especially in my beloved ireland...but as they say, to each his own....

i highly recommend the glenmore house in dublin, and we stayed in a lovely b&b in killarney called carols....it was about 25E a night in may, not sure what it would be in july....also both places have all of the rooms upstairs but are great places to see....we always stay in the glenmore house because it is outside city centre and you can catch the bus to the centre just outside their door, and it is half of what you pay inside dublin.....the only place i ever stay in cork city is the victoria hotel, which i love but it is quite costly....

hope these give you some ideas.....