We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation advice

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brookeville
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
transportation advice

Arriving at shannon airport at 11:35am on April 2...(after the long flight from Washington DC) AND DRIVING FOR THE FIRST TIME IN IRELAND (remember we are from the US) IS THIS PLAN REALLY FEASIBLE: hiring a car and getting to cliffs of moher to do the 1 hr cruise for 3pm departure (that i feel is feasible)..cruise ends at 4pm and we have to get to the KILLIMER TARBERT FERRY before it closes at 7pm to get tour hotel in KIllarney...I read that it is normally a 2hr drive for the experienced Ireland driver and that it will take longer for us since we are not used to the driving difference..we are concerned of being tired after the long flight and the inexperience of the driving technicality..please comment

Peter

Brookeville
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: transportation advice

I have goose bumps now!!!!!!!!! you got my attention...I will do that!!!!!..how about a hotel that is comparable to the lake hotel in beauty and cost

Peter

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,638 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: transportation advice

Peter, I don't know Dublin very well so I hope someone else will be able to help you.

Wicklow is beautiful, in particular Glendalough. I've done a quick google and found this hotel in Wicklow. BUT you might be better served starting a new thread looking for a romantic hotel in the Dublin area www.glenviewhotel.com/index.asp…

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: transportation advice

Hi Peter, as Bean says I think you would get a better response by posting your query in a new thread on the Dublin forum.

In the meantime, have a look at the Shelbourne, which is full of old fashioned charm.

marriott.co.uk/hotels/…

Edited: 1:55 pm, November 30, 2012
Dublin
Level Contributor
299 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: transportation advice

Here is a list of hotels which should not disappoint. Have a look at these:

Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel, Killiney, South Dublin

The Royal Marine hotel, Dun Laoghaire, South Dublin

The Grand Hotel, Malahide, North Dublin

Trinity Capital Hotel, Central Dublin

the Fitzwilliam Hotel, Central Dublin

the Westbury Hotel, Central Dublin

Four Seasons Hotel, Ballsbridge, South East Dublin

Have an exceptional honeymoon :)

Leinster
Level Contributor
69 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: transportation advice

If you are travelling just after your wedding take in to account that as well as jet lag you will have to contend with post wedding exhaustion! Try not to plan too much for the first day or so. Give yourselves time to relax......

If you are flying back out of Shannon maybe you could visit the Cliffs before you leave?

Safe driving.

There are some fantasic hair raising drives around Kerry (and Wicklow, Donegal, Cork, Galway, Clare........!).

And remember that when you are walking about that the traffic is coming at you from the right (It always takes me a while to remember to Look Left when I am abroad!)

16. Re: transportation advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, December 17, 2013