We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundry in Killarney

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
44 posts
205 reviews
Save Topic
Laundry in Killarney

Just back from 4 days here (stayed at the nearly perfect Killarney Lodge) and needed to do our laundry. There is a new (opened in July) self-service laundry in Killarney that is owned/run by a long established dry cleaner. The name is Town Centre Launderette. Park in the big lot next to the tourist office and ask directions to the Tesco that is just across the street. The laundry is inside a mall and there is little signage outside, so the easiest thing is to find the Tesco and just walk inside the mall. Specifically it is the Killarney Shopping Arcade on New Street. They are open 7 days a week. The people are very friendly and helpful. This is a real find!

Edison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
227 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundry in Killarney

Good to know, thank you for sharing.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
44 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundry in Killarney

You are welcome. We had looked and looked on TA and other sources before our departure to find self service laundry here. The one we had identified did drop off service only, not self service. So we were delighted when the nice ladies at Killarney Lodge pointed us to this new venture. Evidently self service laundry isn't very common in this part of Ireland. I know some people like to drop off and not spent their vacation time on their laundry but we like to do ours. Each to his or her own!!

co.cork
Level Contributor
138 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundry in Killarney

just out of interest - how much + how long did the wash and dry take - thank you for the info ..

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
44 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundry in Killarney

Each wash load was 4 euro. Each 10 minutes of drying time was 1 euro. You could buy detergent from them, but we had our own so I don't remember the price.

The wash cycle was about 45 minutes and you could select the water temperature. These were new front loading machines. The drying time had low-mid-high heat settings and the length of time it took depended on the setting and the type of clothes being dried.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundry in Killarney

Why would anyone do their own laundry when it's so reasonably priced to take it to a launderette?

I was in Ireland in May & looking for a laundromat when I was informed they do your laundry for you @ the launderette. Got it done twice while I was there(Portrush & Oranmore)& they delivered it back to the B&B. It didn't affect my touring after all, time is money.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
44 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundry in Killarney

We just prefer to do our own. We have had clothes over-dryed and shrunken from the heat at a laundry service. Makes it tough to continue wearing things that are too short/small for the balance of the trip. If you don't wear cotton knits then this likely isn't a problem, and leaving your cothes for the wash/dry/fold service would be fine.

7. Re: Laundry in Killarney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, December 14, 2013