We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cahername vs. Killarney Park

Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cahername vs. Killarney Park

Will be in Killarney in early July. Can't decide between these two hotels. Any advice?

Thanks.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
612 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cahername vs. Killarney Park

I haven't heard of Cahername. The Killarney Park is a 5 star hotel in the town centre with a wonderful new spa. I stayed there a few years ago and it was great. I go by for drinks every time I am Killarney (once or twice a year.) It is a great location and lovely place to stay. Where is Cahername?

Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cahername vs. Killarney Park

Cahername is right outside of town on Muckross road. It's a 4 star hotel with very good reviews on TripAdvisor. Travel agent has received very good feedback. They have a great website if yo want to check it out.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
612 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cahername vs. Killarney Park

I found it. You had substituted an m for an n so it didn't come up on my search. The Cahernane House looks lovely and is more traditional in style than the Killarney Park Hotel. The KPH renovated a couple of years ago to more of a modern, boutique hotel type interior. They both seem to have good reviews on this site. I searched this forum for Cahernane House to see if it was on any old threads, and the person recommending it was from Killarney and seemed possibly to be an employee promoting the place--it happens here from time-to-time. I'll have to go by there the next time I am there to check it out.

I like the location of KPH because I don't want to have to drive once I get there. I'm sorry I can't be of more help!

Chicago, Illinois
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cahername vs. Killarney Park

Well, that's my problem/decision now. They both look nice and cost abut the same. Stay in town (crowded) but be closer to a variety of restaurants (I'm assuming walking distance from Killarney Park), or stay in a nice peacefull setting, but have to drive 5 miles if we want to go into the town for dinner.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
612 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cahername vs. Killarney Park

The Killarney Park is just a minute or so walk to an entrance of the National Park. That particular entrance is right by the area that jarveys park to take tourists to Ross Castle, Muckross House, etc. How long will you be in Killarney?

UK
Level Contributor
655 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cahername vs. Killarney Park

I would usually plug the Killarney Park Hotel big time, it is owned by a local family and is a fantastic hotel,you are treated like royalty and usually there is no problem with noise from the town,my in-laws always stay there, will not stay anywhere else! However this year will be diffrent - there are major building works going on with the redevelopment of the Great southern and also across the street on the Scotts for the new shopping complex so I would reluctantly advise the cahernane although I have never been into it, try and eat in the KPH though