We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Killarney Plaza or International Hotel?

NY
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Killarney Plaza or International Hotel?

Trying to decide between Killarney Plaza or International Hotel (comparably priced). Any recommendations?

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,777 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Killarney Plaza or International Hotel?

Much alike really. Both are centrally located and both get the same type of (quite good) reviews

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Killarney Plaza or International Hotel?

Killarney plaza I think as there is better parking there, both are equal just cross the road from one and other.

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,463 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Killarney Plaza or International Hotel?

Yes, The International does not come with parking and The Plaza does have some underground but it is very limited. The International is one of the oldest hotels in Killarney where as The Plaza is a completely new establishment (built on the site of a former hotel). Rooms and service should be of equal caliber at both even though the International is 3 star and the Plaza is 4. Also the International is ranked #14 on TA whereas the Plaza is 18th but I guess that is pretty close too. The public bar at The Plaza tends to get a younger crowd relative to that at the International and the music provided reflects that. DJs and contemporary at The Plaza whereas more traditional at the International. Hoping this helps you decide between the two but ask if you have other questions.

NY
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Killarney Plaza or International Hotel?

Thanks for all the responses. Parking won't be an issue for us since we won't have one for most of our stay and from what I understand, paid parking is inexpensive.

Any thoughts on the Fairview? We'll be coming from the train and this looks like it would be convenient.

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,463 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Killarney Plaza or International Hotel?

All three are convenient from the train station. The Fairview is slightly closer but the intersections getting to it make it a slightly more challenging walk.

The differences are so slight that I should probably not have mentioned them.

The Fairview is a guest house and as such does not come with the extra services of a hotel, also, its room do not provide the same luxury as the other two. If I had a choice I would opt for the International if preferring a more mature visit and the Plaza if I had the energy to join in with the younger crowd.

6. Re: Killarney Plaza or International Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:41 pm, June 17, 2013