We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin Heuston To Killarney By Rail

Drogheda, Ireland
5 posts
Save Topic
Dublin Heuston To Killarney By Rail

Hi,

Is there any stops between dublin heuston to Killarney?i know theres a change over at Mallow,is their any other stops before Mallow?

Thanks.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
22 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dublin Heuston To Killarney By Rail

I am refering to your pdf link here Tonyirish. My husband and I are taking the 9:00am train from Dublin Heuston on 8th May.. Just wondering, it says 2 on top - does that mean both trains -one from Dublin and one from Mallow (11:30 am) to Tralee leave from Platform number 2.

If not, then we have only 9 minutes to change platform (with heavy luggage). Is that enough? Any suggestions will help - thanks.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,129 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Dublin Heuston To Killarney By Rail

The 2 means second class carriages on the train. The fact there is no 1 means there's no first class service. In case it's important to you, there will be no WiFi either.

Mallow is a small station and 9 minutes is plenty of time. More than likely they'll look out for connecting passengers and not leave without them. The main purpose of the 2nd train is to connect with the Dublin train. Almost always, Tralee bound trains in Mallow leave from platform 3.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
22 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Dublin Heuston To Killarney By Rail

Thanks a lot blackgreen! This helps (sighing with relief).

We are traveling to Europe for the first time and I wasn't sure what to expect where train travels are concerned. First or second class doesn't matter to us, as long as we have reserved seats.

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,459 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Dublin Heuston To Killarney By Rail

Yes, as you approach Mallow it will be announced but you will also notice amny, many of the passengers begin to gather up there stuff to get ready for the change. You could ask one of them to let you know too so that you can make your way towards the door area (where you will have stored your heavy suitcases) to give yoru self a little more time to change trains. And as mentioned changing trains in Mallow is a breeze - just follow the crowd. Most people getting off the train at Mallow will be waiting with you for the Tralee train.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
22 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Dublin Heuston To Killarney By Rail

Thanks tonyirish! This sounds easy enough. Am sure we will be fine.. thank u both. :)

16. Re: Dublin Heuston To Killarney By Rail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:29 am, May 11, 2013