We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far of a walk between Torc Waterfall and Muckross House?

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
How far of a walk between Torc Waterfall and Muckross House?

If we parked at either Torc Waterfall or Muckross House, would we be able to walk to the other? How far is it to walk on a trail between the two?

Ideally, I would love to park at Muckross House around 8:45 am. We could tour Muckross as soon as it opens (July visit) and then walk over to see Torc. Is this feasible? TIA

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,961 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far of a walk between Torc Waterfall and Muckross House?

What do you deem walkable distance?Little enough parking at Torc,so parking in Muckross house would be good but I'm not sure what time the gates open there.I'd say it's less than a mile.

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,451 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far of a walk between Torc Waterfall and Muckross House?

Yes, it is quite walkable. And parking at the house would be best.

Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far of a walk between Torc Waterfall and Muckross House?

Thanks! You have been so kind to answer all of my questions! That sounds perfect. It will give us a chance to stretch our legs before heading to Kinsale in the car.

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,451 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far of a walk between Torc Waterfall and Muckross House?

There are a few ways that you could walk from the house to the waterfall. You can walk into the gardens behind the house and loop around clockwise on the gravel path but the most efficient would be to walk across the grass to the lake on the lake side of the house and then left along the lake by the old boat house and on along the lake to the waterfall. As you approach the main road with the parking lot opposite you there is a short tunnel to your right that will have you safely under the road without having to look for traffic. Everything within the park is well signposted and so don't' worry if my above string of directions is not making sense without knowing where everything is.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
11,966 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far of a walk between Torc Waterfall and Muckross House?

If you have the time, there's a nice 10 km trail around Muckross Lake which you can walk. We did it last May and enjoyed it very much.

TonyIrish gave you good directions, but perhaps the following link will provide you with some additional useful info.

independent.ie/travel/inside-ireland/walk-of…

6. Re: How far of a walk between Torc Waterfall and Muckross House?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, February 22, 2013