We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Killarney Haven Holiday Suites

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Diepenveen
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Killarney Haven Holiday Suites

Hi,

Has anyone stayed at the Killarney Haven appartments in downtown Killarney?

Can you please tell me if they are as nice as they seem?

Are they spacious?

Thanks very much.

Annelies

The Netherlands

staffs
Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Killarney Haven Holiday Suites

Hi Annelies,

I haven't stayed in them myself but i've heard great things about this place and i'm considering staying there my self when we go in October.

Hope this helps a little,

samandtom.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
612 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Killarney Haven Holiday Suites

Hi, Leisje.

I have stayed at the Killarney Haven Apartments several times. They look exactly the way the pictures on the website depict them. There is a nice, large, open living/dining/kitchen. All the apts. I havestayed in have had either a balcony, or a porch. The ones on the front of the building have a small balcony, the ones on the back had a porch/deck with a picnic table. They have a good selection of cooking pots/utensils, etc. I have never stayed in the studio, so I don't know how spacious that is, but I found the one bedroom to be more than spacious enough for two...I don't know how many people you are going to have, I think they sleep 4. The sofa could be a bit more comfortable, but as it is a sleeper sofa, that is to be expected.

There is a chest with closets on either side on one wall of the bedroom. There is a double bed with small beside tables on each side.

There is a closet in the entry hallway that has an ironing board, iron, and drying rack. There is also plenty of room to store your luggage there. There are washers and dryers on the first floor that are free for your use.

The apartments are on a little laneway just off High Street, and there is plenty of parking in front of the building. While it has almost always been competely booked when I was there, it was pretty quiet. As it is off High Street, you don't get the noise of people leaving the clubs at closing time.

There are two grocery stores nearby--Dunnes and Tesco--that are very easy walking distance. That is what I have really liked about staying there; they are centrally located and I usually go out at night and like not having to drive.

While I would not classify them as luxury accomodation, I thought they were clean and nice and I plan to stay there again this summer. I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Level Contributor
796 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Killarney Haven Holiday Suites

Hi Westwind,

You mentioned Innishfallen in one of your previous posts. Just wondering if you are familiar with them and the area? I'm thinking of booking a week in July.

They look nice on the DreamIreland Website!

Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
612 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Killarney Haven Holiday Suites

Hi, gariem.

I have not stayed at Innisfallen, but I have met the people that own them through riding at the Killarney Riding Stable. When I saw the holiday homes, they were just finishing building them and all the furniture was there waiting for installation. I think they are at most two years old. I interviewed the owner for some equine research I was doing and got a preview. I would stay there, but there are just two of us when I travel, so I don't need a place that is that big.

They are about 3/4 of a mile from town and they have an entrance to the Killarney National Park directly across the street. The Castlerosse Hotel is just a couple of minutes down the road, and they have golf, tennis, swimming, etc. You can use their facilites if you are staying at Innisfallen.

You can also book horseback riding through the stables at a discount. If you like horseback riding, they have great short trips through the Killarney National Park. The rides are geared to those who have little to no experience and will just be walking the horses, to the 'walk,trot,canter' group. Even if you don't want to do that, you might want to ask for a tour of the stables. They have been in business since the 1960's. The son of the owner has an interest in breeding horses that are somewhat uncommon such as the Fell Pony, Cleveland Bay, Clysdale, and the Percheron to name a few. So it is fun just to see the different breeds.

I don't remember if you have children, but I think it would be a good place for a family.The family that owns them are really nice, and the stables are immmaculate and very well run, so I would expect that same from the holiday homes.

Are you going during the races? The races are on July 17 - 20 this year.

Ok, I have rambled on and on. I hope this helps. If you need something more specific let me know! : )

Level Contributor
796 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Killarney Haven Holiday Suites

Wow Westwind!

Thats brilliant. I booked the first week in July. We have 3 children from 11 to 3 so it sounfd like it will be perfect. My eldest loves horses so she'll be thrilled.

Thanks again!

UK
Level Contributor
655 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Killarney Haven Holiday Suites

Gariem we have watched the Innisfallen houses being built and they look lovely, handy for the stables and golf course. The building work on the estate looked done, it is not just a holiday village, there are private houses too. The specification seems high too.

We were going to stay there last summer but got a 'returning' discount elsewhere and were not sure if construction had finished!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
612 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Killarney Haven Holiday Suites

You're welcome, gariem. Your daughter will love it!!! And as they breed horses too, there should be a few foals around as well. They hire young women as guides in the summer, so your daughter might also get an idea for a future summer job! My guide the last time I was there was a young woman, maybe 19 or so, from Germany. Oh, and one of the women in the group was from Wales. She had just turned driving age. Her mother was a horse lover and had brought her daughter there to see if she would prefer driving lessons or a horse. By the end of the three hours, she choose to get a horse. I guess that's one way to keep your teenagers off the road. I hope you have a great July holiday there!

Level Contributor
796 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Killarney Haven Holiday Suites

Thanks again Westwind and 5ofus.

She was delighted when I mentioned the horses!

Take care :)