We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Neptune's hostel

Kansas
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Neptune's hostel

Has anyone ever stayed here...reviews?

hamilton, ontario
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Neptune's hostel

I don't know if it's too late for this reply but I will try anyway. Neptune's is a great hostel I use to live in Killarney so you realy get to know what's good and what's bad. I also stayed there last september and thought it was great. Its very clean the people are friendly and it has eveything from internet access to a video library. The best thing about neptune's is that it's located right in the centre of Killarney, loads of great pubs with live music every night as well as a Tesco grocery store. It's about a ten minute walk to the national park but I recomend renting a bike right across from the hostel its only about ten dollars american for 24hrs. If you don't have any luck with Neptune's try Saigon hostel still located in the city centre, it's nice clean and cozzy place owned and opperated by a guy named Patrick. He alone is worth the stay, nices guy I ever met. Favorite pub's Oconnors, Courtney's The Grand, Brother Mucudas, The DannyMann, Murphy's. Good nite clubs the grand, Mustang Salleys, the kube(trendy) the crypt and that's about it. I hope this information is useful and I hope you have a great trip. Any questions feel free to e-mail me guinnessguzzler@hotmail.com Cheers!

Kansas
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Neptune's hostel

Hoser, Hope you or someone else can help. I like the looks of the Railway hostel, good reviews since 2005 remodeling. Do you know it? The Paddy's Palace also looks decent, but I wonder if it is just a youth hostel? We are a family of 5, 3 young 20's and us old folks in our 50's.

hamilton, ontario
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Neptune's hostel

Hi April, I have stayed at the railway but it was before the renovations. When I did stay there I found it was ok, not as inviting as other hostels but the location was good. If your concerned about catering to both your childrens needs as far as entertainment goes, but at the same time want a little peace and quiet make sure you reserve a private room. That will allow you the best of both worlds, and it's just as good as a hotel room. Only a little smaller.

I still recomend Neptune's it's right in the middle of the town centre, it's clean, accommodating and the people are very pleasant. My mother and sister stayed there last September and thought it was great. It was my mothers first time staying in a hostel and she was faced with the same challanges my mom being the same age as you and my sister the same age as your kids. Hope this is helpful to you, and I wish you a fun and safe trip. Cheers

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Neptune's hostel

Bump for soonerking75.

Kansas
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Neptune's hostel

For anyone's info, I just booked us at Sugan Hostel, www.killarneysuganhostel.com

I liked the reviews, the website, the smaller size of it. Have never stayed in a hostel, so thought this would be a good start! I'll report on it when we return...leaving Friday, April 14~FINALLY~Yay!

baltimore
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Neptune's hostel

How did you like the Sugan? I was thinking about it but so few reviews.

Kansas
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Neptune's hostel

It was OK, but for a family our size, we cancelled our 2nd night stay and treated ourselves to our first and only hotel, which was very affordable and right on the river.

The hostel was very small, (you had to stoop in the hallways) but good location, right downtown, friendly enough. But thin walls (such as the couple next door's amorous hour)...my husband was not happy. If you are a young, single traveler it would be just fine. My cousin told me they always stay at Sleepzone hostels and we should have done that too.

Hope this helps...

We loved our Ireland trip, and can't wait to go back!

8. Re: Neptune's hostel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, September 03, 2009