We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Considering staying at the Brehon Hotel

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cedar Grove, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Considering staying at the Brehon Hotel

I am staying in Killarney for one night with my family (2adults, 2 children, grandfather) along with my brother's family (2adults, 2 children) at the end of June. We are thinking of staying at the Brehon Hotel. We would require 2 Family Rms. Is this a good location? How is the hotel? Any feedback on this hotel would be appreciated. Thank you.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,552 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Considering staying at the Brehon Hotel

The Brehon Hotel is in a good location, although it's a bit of a walk from the town centre. We stayed there for a wedding just after it opened. We loved the room! We had a bit of an issue with breakfast the next morning - it took 45 minutes to arrive. But I'm pretty sure that this was just teething problems for a new hotel and these have surely been sorted at this stage.

If you get a good deal at this hotel go for it.

Cedar Grove, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Considering staying at the Brehon Hotel

Thank you very much for your feedback. I appreciate it.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,552 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Considering staying at the Brehon Hotel

You're welcome!

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,451 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Considering staying at the Brehon Hotel

As mentioned it is a good location and though a bit of a walk into town it is more or less a pleasant walk and at a distance often done by locals. Also, it is right at the beginning of the National Park and across the road is a walking path the leads into the park. Also, behind the wall along that path in the evening you are sure to see some families of red deer. My family held a wedding reception there early last month and by all counts the food and service were excellent.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Considering staying at the Brehon Hotel

have you checked out the Lake Hotel - imo its the nicest hotel in killarney and perfect location, beautiful scenery - check it out before you book the brehon

Cedar Grove, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Considering staying at the Brehon Hotel

Thank you, I will check it out. I appreciate all the help.

Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Considering staying at the Brehon Hotel

Stayed at the Brehon two weekends ago. We booked a triple room.........excellent.......One of the advantages is that at night if you want a night cap and good conversation you can sit in the lobby with children. Highly recommend the Brehon!!!!

Killarney, Ireland
Level Contributor
309 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Considering staying at the Brehon Hotel

As a local, i attend weddings and other social events in hotels without staying overnight. The Brehon is fine for a night but i have a preference for the Lake hotel in that area.

Cedar Grove, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Considering staying at the Brehon Hotel

Thank you all for your input. It is greatlly appreciated.

10. Re: Considering staying at the Brehon Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 29, 2010