We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Killarney Taxi and Tour - Reliable

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
Level Contributor
35 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Killarney Taxi and Tour - Reliable

I am planning a trip for 7 people and am considering hiring Killarney Taxi and Tour to pick us up at Shannon AIrport in a 8 passenger van. We would be able to split the cost of $200 euro. Is anyone familiar with this company? Are they a good and reliable company to book with. I have not seen many posts on people using van service to get around in Ireland. It seems for us it might not be a bad option since no one in our party wants to drive. We will be going on to Kinsale and the Killarney Taxi has provided a quote of $180euro. Appreciate any advice. Thank you

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,436 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Killarney Taxi and Tour - Reliable

Here is a little bump.

I have not heard of this particular company but what I do know of Killarney Taxi companies is that they are very reliable. In comparison (and in my opinion) to other town or city taxis, Killarney ones rank at the top for having clean, large, new cars and friendly reliable service.

When working in Killarney some guests, particularly small golfing groups, used such a service and spoke highly of the drivers.

Illinois
Level Contributor
35 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Killarney Taxi and Tour - Reliable

Thank you tonyirish. Your opinions have made me feel better about booking this company. One of my concerns is they do not accept credit cards - you book by paypal or by sending a deposit. Thanks again for the bump up. goin2

Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
499 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Killarney Taxi and Tour - Reliable

Whew! Is this the only type of taxi available? My husband and I will be arriving in Killarney at either the bus or the train station -- not the airport -- and were hoping to take a taxi from there to our hotel, but I hadn't imagined it would be anything quite so expensive.

Sandy in Illinois

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Killarney Taxi and Tour - Reliable

I think the op is talking about Shannon to Killarney. If you arrive in Killarney bus or rail station you might even be in walking distance of your accommodation, certainly a local trip won't be very expensive.

Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
499 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Killarney Taxi and Tour - Reliable

Doneraile,

Thanks so much! I'm sure glad about that :-) Do you know if there is a taxi rank at the bus and train stations or if we'll need to call a taxi?

Sandy

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Killarney Taxi and Tour - Reliable

Sorry, no idea! No doubt one of the locals will be able to tell you :-)

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,436 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Killarney Taxi and Tour - Reliable

Sandypaws3

More often than not there are taxis waiting for the trains. And while the bus station is right next to the train station you have to walk out of the train station and through a small outlet center to get to the bus station. But both are right on the edge of town and it is just a 2-3 minute walk to the main taxi rank (walk towards the big chirch on the hill and head left into town down College street). If you are staying in town you can just walk to your accoms but if you are a "5 Minute" walk for the town center you will probably want to get a taxi. If you like, just let me know where you are staying and I can advise.

Peoria, IL
Level Contributor
499 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Killarney Taxi and Tour - Reliable

tonyirish,

Thank you so much for this detailed information! We will definitely need a taxi, as we're staying on Muckross Road. It's supposed to be only 5 minutes from town, but it is in the other direction.

Sandy

-------------------------------------------------------

More often than not there are taxis waiting for the trains. And while the bus station is right next to the train station you have to walk out of the train station and through a small outlet center to get to the bus station. But both are right on the edge of town and it is just a 2-3 minute walk to the main taxi rank (walk towards the big chirch on the hill and head left into town down College street).

9. Re: Killarney Taxi and Tour - Reliable

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, September 11, 2009