We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Killarney National Park from Cork

Which Killarney hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
L21
New England
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Killarney National Park from Cork

We are staying in Cork for several days and would like to make our way one day to Killarney National Park. Does anyone know if there are tours from Cork to the Park? Or a bus maybe?

Or maybe some other nature/walking/hiking/scenic type thing to do closer to Cork?

Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
612 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Killarney National Park from Cork

If you go to the website below, it will show you some day trips that are available from Cork. www.buseireann.ie/asp/TourList.asp#3

If you just want to see the National Park, you could take a bus from Cork to Killarney. The bus station in Killarney is a very short walk from the National Park. You could take a bus in the morning and return in the late afternoon. It is a little less than two hours by bus.

Did you decide not to stay in Killarney after all? Just curious, I answered your post regarding accomodation there.

As for other things closer to Cork, you may want to post on the Cork forum.

Good luck with your plans.

L21
New England
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Killarney National Park from Cork

Hi there!

Yes, we are still doing Killarney...and thank you so much for the accomodation suggestions!

I am busy in Cork with a workshop for several days. My partner wants to see the Park, but we won't have time while in Killarney because we have a lengthy list of things we want to do there already. So, we are hoping he can make it over there by himself while I'm busy.

I'll check the bus schedule...thanks!

3. Re: Killarney National Park from Cork

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:22 am, September 07, 2009