We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Killarney in Feb

Paxos, Greece
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Killarney in Feb

I am finding a lot of hotels are actually closed in Feb. Could someone please tell me if we are going to find Killarney shut down in Feb if we visit?? We will be looking to take in great food & good old irish hospitality whilst we're there, & dont want to come there & find it half closed.

uk
Level Contributor
221 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Killarney in Feb

Well --the town will not be coming back to life in February--a bit early, although the Killarney Park will be open the majority of hotels and B/bs etc will still be shut. The earliest I have been there in a dozen or so trips is late April. My friends there tell me Feb will be dead---depends what you want--of course the pubs and clubs will be open but I imagine Feb is a time only for a getaway from post Xmas exhaustion type breaks. I myself am considering a three day stop at Killarney Park--but only for the Spa and some downtime. If you decide to go ahead pls let me know how it went.regardsMargaret

Colorado, USA
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Killarney in Feb

If you try Dream Homes you can get some great deals on homes in Killarney in Feb. I got a 4 bedroom house for 275 euros. for a week. We are having a family vacation in Feb 2005. We rented 3 homes. There is so much beauty in Killarney no matter what time of year you go. The only thing you'll miss is probably the high traffic and maybe the high prices of tour guides :-) Have fun and if you are there Feb 12 thru the 19th come by and see us at Innisfallen homes. You can't miss us we will be the loud crowd :-)