We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

halloween in Ireland

New Jersey
Level Contributor
158 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
halloween in Ireland

We will be traveling from Dublin the Galway on Halloween and we wanted to see if anything will be going on along the way or in Galway that might be fun to see/do as Ireland is the birthplace of Halloween.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
53,536 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: halloween in Ireland

I was in Killarney a couple years ago in the days leading up to Halloween. Lots of kids begging coins in the street for Halloween, or comnig into the pubs (and getting kicked right out!) trying to get a few euro...for what I'm not sure.

On Halloween itself we were in Galway City and it was definitely celebrated there. Bonfires off one of the roundabouts on the way in, and a surprisingly large number of people dressed in costumes in the pubs around Eyre Square. Certainly not to the extent of in the US, but a good number anyway.

Humptulips...
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: halloween in Ireland

I like Halloween there, though they could do w/o the tires. Too often we don't know our neighbors. It's nice to get a chance to.

13. Re: halloween in Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, August 23, 2009