We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pub suggestions?

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
pub suggestions?

I will be staying in Galway (Salthill) the nights of 9/14 and 9/15. Looking for pub suggestions. Traditional atmosphere/great food. I'm single and in my 30s so preferably not one that is overloaded with families usually?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,966 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: pub suggestions?

This one is a local institution.

www.thekingshead.ie/

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
4,043 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pub suggestions?

The Crane is my venue when I visit Galway, though food is not served. Lots of old fashioned pubs and none of them too far from good food/restaurants. The Kings Head is a good suggestion.

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pub suggestions?

For traditional style pubs in Galway city try freeneys,murphys,bunch of grapes,ti coili tigh neachtain is possibly the best pub in town. For pubs with food try kellys,the quays,the dail,the cellar,blakes brasserie.

4. Re: pub suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, January 09, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Galway