We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from killarney to galway?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
235 reviews
Save Topic
bus from killarney to galway?

In addition to Bus eirann, is there a daily citylink bus from killarney to galway?

If not, were I to take a bus eirann bus from killarney to limerick and citylink from limerick to galway, is the buseirann dropoff near the citylink limerick pickup? how do you get from one to the other?

or is there a better bus routing from killarney to galway as the train is at least 2 hours longer?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: bus from killarney to galway?

I agree with you that the later connection is coming up to make sure i get the bus.

so to be clear, i should buy a through ticket killarney to galway, pay the total shown by credit card, and show my voucher for the killarney-galway trip, including the 1215 limerick connection if i make it or the later 115pm connection from limerick to galway?

What happens if the bus for the segment is full?

Do they add another bus ?

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,085 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: bus from killarney to galway?

Any time I've seen a bus oversubscribed, Bus Eireann have rapidly found another bus to cater for the passengers.

But its normally on a Sunday evening when people are going back to college that you will find this problem. 12.15 during the day is likely to be problematic.

And yes, just show your voucher to the driver.

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
4,143 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: bus from killarney to galway?

Likely or unlikely Bean?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: bus from killarney to galway?

is Bean short for buseirann or something else?

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
4,143 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: bus from killarney to galway?

Bean A (lainn) is 'beautiful woman ', literally and figuratively accurate!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,085 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: bus from killarney to galway?

Unlikely, unlikely - apologies. I've had a LONG.. Day!!

The name - I thought - meant "Lovely Woman" and at the time I started here my son kept on telling me "Mum, you're a lovely woman" (he was 4 at the time and he's still a sweetheart!!). I'd be sitting at the computer and a pair of baby hands would come around my waist as he said it.

And thanks Spice.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: bus from killarney to galway?

here's the official response-The 10.00 service from Killarney is due to arrive in Limerick Bus Station at 12.05. This allows only a 10 minute period before the departure of the 12.15 X51 to Galway. The reason the journey planner gave you a later departure for the X51 is that the service from Killarney might not get in on time to make the 12.15 connection. The arrival in Limerick of the service from Killarney could be delayed for a number of reasons, ie. Traffic conditions etc.

Mentioned in this post
Killarney
Killarney
County Kerry, Ireland
Limerick
Limerick
County Limerick, Ireland
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
18. Re: bus from killarney to galway?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Galway