We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galway to the Cliffs of Moher

4 posts
Save Topic
Galway to the Cliffs of Moher

Hi there! I'm going to be heading to Ireland in early June, and I'll be in Galway a few days, during which I'd like to go to the Cliffs of Moher. I won't be renting a car, so I'll be reliant on bus/rail service, but when I looked at bus schedules, it seems like I would only be able to be there for about an hour if I was relying the bus, but I'd really like to spend the whole day, or at least a significant portion of it without having to be in a tour group.

Epic Ireland
Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Climbing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Galway Tour Company
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Bus Tours, Day Trips
Wild Atlantic Way Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Doolin, Ireland
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Galway to the Cliffs of Moher

As you now have decided to get a car use it, the tour buses are very rush rush and the link Sarnia gave has listed some wonderful sights in the Burren to Visit. You could spend a couple of days easily exploring North Clare and only touch the tip of the iceberg, you could easily add another 10 or 20 sights of equal importance and beauty for each day additional day.

There are so many great little towns and villages in North Clare to stay and enjoy, where you could easily day trip to Galway for a day from, its a pity it always seems to be the reverse.

12. Re: Galway to the Cliffs of Moher

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 26, 2014