We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice on b & b

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Topic
advice on b & b

Ok me and my gf are visiting ireland for 10 days around easter our last two stops of the trip are going to be galway and dublin for two nights a piece. a few questions.

1) We or maybe i am trying to keep total trip costs low lol. we are splurging for ashford castle for one or two night before galway. so i see a lot of nice hotels in galway with decent prices for the stay. anywhere from 150 to 280 euros total

and the b and b's i like are: prague house, kilcullen, adare, and petra and those are all around 140 total.

In either galway or dublin i would like to stay in a nice hotel for the two nights and stay in a b&b two nights in one of them to try to save money.

would we be better off finishing our trip in dublin in a nicer hotel setting or stay the two nights in one of the above mentioned hotels and then stay in a b and b in dublin?

2) can anyone give advice on any of those b and b's? hotels?

3) how far are each from the pubs and such?

4) galway bay seems really nice is that place too good to be true? is it a long walk to the pubs and such? that one was priced at 260 total for the two nights with 4 course meal included is the dinner there great or are we better off eating elsewhere?

ok enough questions i guess. thanks in advance for your help.

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice on b & b

All the b&b's mentioned are of a high standard, Prague and Adare are a ten minute walk to the 'Latin Quarter' which has all the main pubs/nightlife. Id do the b&b's in Galway and then the hotel in Dublin. Galway Bay hotel is a 30/40 minute walk to the city centre or a ten inute taxi trip

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice on b & b

What dates are you in Galway

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: advice on b & b

Checking in wednesday april 3 and checking out friday april 5 and heading to dublin to stay til sunday but our flight leaves early sunday am at like 1115am

Edited: 7:09 am, January 26, 2013
County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advice on b & b

Have a look at the park house hotel website 2 nights b&b with 1 meal €129.00 each

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: advice on b & b

Have a look at the park house hotel website 2 nights b&b with 1 meal €129.00 each

What your dates in Dublin

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: advice on b & b

April 5 and checking out the 7th early morning so wr can catch 11am flight

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: advice on b & b

Look at Trinity Capital hotel in Dublin room only 218 euro for the 2 nights.

Travelling from Galway to Dublin get a bus it departs 2 mins from park house and drops off 5 min walk from Trinity Capital hotel

Go Bus or City Link offer not stop service from Galway To Dublin.

Edited: 8:18 am, January 26, 2013
Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: advice on b & b

Oh sorry forgot to mention I have a car which I plan on returning in dublin once we check in

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: advice on b & b

There are probably cheaper options of Hotels if you want.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
516 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: advice on b & b

My two cents, b&b Galway, hotel Dublin city centre. Turn your car in at Dublin airport then bus or cab to hotel.