We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling questions

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
5 posts
Save Topic
Traveling questions

Hi I'm going to be staying in Limerick for one night before making my way to Galway. So the first question is, is there a bus I can take from Limerick to Galway and where would I catch it?

SECOND I'd be leaving Galway on a Sunday to go to Dublin....so where do I catch that bus? and does it run on a Sunday?

Thanks in advance. I am just anxious about being completely lost in another country haha.

wichita,ks
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling questions

McMuffins, Go to www.buseireann.ie and click on journey planner. There is a bus from Galway to Dublin every hour from 6:30 A.M. to I think 8:30 P.M. There are also several a day from Limerick to Galway. Naturally they all leave from the bus station but may make other stops before leaving the city. About that I am not sure.

Pat

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,388 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling questions

I would like to add that the bus trip from Limerick to Galway is a lovely trip and well worth taking, it doesn't take much longer than one hour. There is a very regular schedule. You will NOT get lost. and if you do, it won't take long to get found again !!!!!! ENJOY

P.S. The fare from Limerick to Galway is less than 10 euro

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,529 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling questions

The bus station in Limerick is located at Colbert Station. It is also the train station. However, there is not train going to Galway. It was discontinued in the early 90's. There is still contoversy about the reopening of it.

The bus's leave at a strict schedule from the bus terminal and it is very prequent. You already have the link for the bus's.

It will take more than 1 hour. Due to high traffic in Ennis, it can take in a car without stopping to Galway bus terminal 90 minutes but by bus with all the stops maybe longer. You should check into trying to get an express bus.

The Galway bus terminal is located just off Eyre Square, simply around the corner from the Great Southern hotel which dominates the southern end of Eyre Square. The bus from Galway to Dublin is very frequent and leaves nearly every 30 minutes at peak times. Bus's will always run on a Sunday to a limited but helpful schedule.

If you are heading to Dublin Airport directly, you might check out http://www.aircoach.ie/. This is a private service and leaves from Galway city centre.

Your anxious about being lost. Join the TA club. Im going to Orlando in June and Im bricking it but still over the moon excited. I learned over time that the only obstacle to overcome are my own reservations about my trip.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,529 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling questions

I might point out that the website I advised for Galway Dublin transfer is wrong, so damned wrong. Its actually.

http://www.citylink.ie/

Get answers to your questions about Galway