We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End of July first of August?

Texas
Level Contributor
102 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
End of July first of August?

What is happening in Galway at this time? I am having a hard time booking a hotel room.

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
398 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: End of July first of August?

The Galway Races is an annual one week horseracing festival held over the last week in July.

The busiest week in the Galway calendar.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,864 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: End of July first of August?

As well as race week this is peak holiday season. What type of accommodation are you looking for, what budget. preferred location.

Texas
Level Contributor
102 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: End of July first of August?

My daughter and I need a room with two twin beds for one night. Right now the day is up in the air, but it is probably July 29th. I don't want to pay more than 150.00 US. Breakfast would be great. I'd like to be in walking distance from the train station, but we also need to be near where our tour company can pick us up. I am trying to decide between Lally and Healy. We are arriving by train from Kilkenny in the evening, taking a tour the next day, then probably using GoBus to get back to Dublin.

Thank you!

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,918 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: End of July first of August?

This one is a little out of town, but lots of buses pass the door.

www.flanneryshotelgalway.com/

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
38 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: End of July first of August?

the city gets so busy that time of year for thre galway races when the hotel prices can be very expensive.and hard to come by.also try some b and bs you can find them on discoverireland.com

ireland
Level Contributor
625 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: End of July first of August?

Not a great time to be visiting Galway if you aren't intrested in the races. Hotels double in price for some of that week.

Sort of like going to Kentucky on Derby weekend.

Edited: 9:17 pm, November 20, 2012
Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,762 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: End of July first of August?

Flannerys is a good suggestion above, the number 409 stops across the road every 15 minutes and will have you in town in 5-10 minutes.

8. Re: End of July first of August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, December 15, 2013