We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a shuttle from Galway to Shannon?

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a shuttle from Galway to Shannon?

I am staying at Eyre Square and need to get to Shannon airport for a 9:00 flight. The bus leaves too late to make the flight. Is there any other transport besides taxi? And if not, could someone recommend a taxi service with prices? Thanks.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,048 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a shuttle from Galway to Shannon?

Far better to stay closer to the Airport. Galway is quoted at €125 by airport cab

shannonairport.com/gns/…by-airport-cab.aspx

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a shuttle from Galway to Shannon?

Yep as tony said just stay by the airport.

Montana
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a shuttle from Galway to Shannon?

There is a Cork-Galway bus that stops each hour at airport. Mary

new york
Level Contributor
957 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a shuttle from Galway to Shannon?

I stayed right at the airport the night before. Better to relax then to worry if you are going to make your flight in the morning.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,048 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a shuttle from Galway to Shannon?

Frank..The first bus out of Galway is 7am wont get to the airport until 1 hour 10 minutes before the flight, fine for a short haul EU no good for a Transatlantic. Then you have to hope it runs!

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,300 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there a shuttle from Galway to Shannon?

Hi everyone! I'm back from my trip and I took the shuttle bus at 6 pm to Shannon and got a taxi from there to Oak Wood Arms Hotel to spend the night. I arranged with the taxi driver to pick me up in the morning and it all worked out well. Thanks all for your advice!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,048 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there a shuttle from Galway to Shannon?

It is a bit of a pain really, I know they do not get much call but the Airport services on Public transport outside Dublin leave a lot to be desired, Pleased you managed to sort things out.

8. Re: Is there a shuttle from Galway to Shannon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, December 15, 2013