We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shannon to Galway bus

Pittsburgh...
13 posts
Save Topic
Shannon to Galway bus

Does anyone know where is the bus stop at the Shannon Airport for the Bus Eireann to Galway? Not familiar with the Shannon Airport. Seems maybe buying the ticket now online might be the way to go. Thoughts?

Galway,Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shannon to Galway bus

Directly outside the arrivals door pretty much, its a small airport and the bus stop is very prominent outside it.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,601 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shannon to Galway bus

Out the Arrivals Door turn left first of the 2 bus stops. You want the 51 Cork - Galway bus.

www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1272287885-51.pdf

Pittsburgh...
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shannon to Galway bus

Perfect info., exactly what I needed to know. I was feeling a little uneasy about finding my way to Galway from Shannon, but now all is well. Thank you. I suppose I can take a taxi from the bus station to my destination at the University of Ireland??? Not sure the distance between the 2. Any idea how far the campus is from city center Galway? Is it walkable? Thanks again!

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shannon to Galway bus

If you don't have too much luggage the walk from the bus station to the main campus at NUIG is quite do-able and very pleasant.

If you check out google maps and type in " Eyre Square, Galway" to "NUIG campus", it will show you the route at just over 1 kilometre.

Edited: 7:39 pm, June 17, 2012
Pittsburgh...
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shannon to Galway bus

Thank you, that information is very helpful. So glad that the campus and town are that close!

6. Re: Shannon to Galway bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Galway