We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodations

boston
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
accomodations

We will be in Galway over Easter weekend. We will have just landed at Shannon and will be in Ireland for the first time.

I am having trouble finding an available B&B at this time. Can people please post their recommended places?

I decided I should look at hotels as well. I looked at the Park House. It is very beautiful and expensive. It also seems somehow decadent to stay there - I guess I had been thinking of this trip as being more rustic. Is it worth the price? Will I feel as if I am in Ireland and not just a chain hotel anywhere in the world?

Level Contributor
796 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: accomodations

excuse typos!

Santa BArbara
6 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: accomodations

I emailed Adare house in Galway. Adare@iol.ie

The link for the Adare House posted, is in Mayo county? ANyhow the Adare in Mayo have no availability, let's hope the one in Galways does.

So what does Adare mean ?

Level Contributor
796 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: accomodations

Hi Ingrid (sorry..called you Shirley, made loads of typos and sent you on wild goose chases with links....ooops!).

I presume Adare is a reference to the village of the same name in Limerick. I don't know any other meaning for the word.

Adare would suit you fine. I hope they have a space. Otherwise , try Prague House or Griffin lodge, both easy walks to town.

http://www.irishholidays.com/griffin.shtml

Hope this helps.

Get answers to your questions about Galway