We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

horseback riding in galway area

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
horseback riding in galway area

Hi - I am hoping to do some basic horseback riding, and wondering where the best place to go is. Thinking this would be a great way to see the countryside.

Cheers.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,689 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: horseback riding in galway area

How good a rider are you?Would you be confident galloping on a beach or maybe happier trotting on a green lane?What part of Galway will you be in and will you have transport.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,348 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: horseback riding in galway area

Location would be more important. We have a few good places over here in East Galway.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,689 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: horseback riding in galway area

I was thinking of Flowerhill, Tony, so will wait and see re location as you suggest.

right hand side of...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: horseback riding in galway area

am wondering , vacation hopeful end oct - early nov , horseback riding - english ? or western ? which is more common ( if english is western available ? )

be well & enjoy the rest of the day :)

mic

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,348 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: horseback riding in galway area

Yes western is available in some places, but without knowing where?

Edited: 6:16 am, September 11, 2011
Seattle
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: horseback riding in galway area

I will be in Galway in April visiting my daughter who is studying there. We want to go riding for a few hours. We both have ridden but not in a number of years.

Does anyone know anything about Rusheen Riding centre? Closer to Galway would be better if possible due to transport. Also will be taking a couple of days in and around Kingscourt and Ballieborough if there is another option there.

7. Re: horseback riding in galway area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, February 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Galway