We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to Shannon Airport from Galway

Which Galway hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
190 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Driving to Shannon Airport from Galway

Hello everyone - we are spending our last night in Ireland in Galway and will have to drive to Shannon to catch our flight out (and to return the rental car).

Our flight is for 4:50pm on a Wednesday with RyanAir. I was thinking we should try to make it at the airport for 3pm. What time would y'all recommend leaving Galway?

Ireland
Level Contributor
71 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving to Shannon Airport from Galway

At that time of day 1 hour -1.20 is plenty of time. Be sure to check in online with Ryanair to speed up your transit.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving to Shannon Airport from Galway

what day are you flying? Weekday or weekend.

I suggest you leave about one o clock on a weekend (Sunday) this will give you plenty of time to return your car and get that business done so you can be free from 3 p.m. onwards to relax.

On a weekday I would leave a little earlier just because there would be more traffic.

3. Re: Driving to Shannon Airport from Galway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, October 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Galway