We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galway B&B - Amber Lodge?

Dublin, Ohio
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Galway B&B - Amber Lodge?

Greetings! We are in the process of booking B&B's for a July visit to Ireland. I have read good reviews of the Petra House on College Street and much less on Amber Lodge, also on College Street. Could anyone provided more information on Amber Lodge so that we can make a comparison? Thank you for your help.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galway B&B - Amber Lodge?

Hi Doodah

I don't really know anything about these ones, but I will say to book early for July as it is the busiest month in Galway

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galway B&B - Amber Lodge?

And just to add to your confusion, I just booked what looks like a great B&B right in downtown Galway on the riverfront. Heron's Rest B&B on Long Walk. It is listed in Bridgestone's 100 Best Places to Stay in Ireland. I haven't been yet so can't give first hand info, but the pictures look great, and the hostess Sorcha was a total joy to correspond with.

(whales checked out the location for me, too!)

California
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Galway B&B - Amber Lodge?

I tried to book Petra House for dates in September but they were already booked. They are very popular! If you haven't tried to contact them yet, do it now. I ended up booking Amber Lodge for my dates. Can't tell you anything yet about the accommodations but they've been very kind in our correspondence.

4. Re: Galway B&B - Amber Lodge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, August 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Galway