We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re: Kayaking in Killary Fjord and hikes of 3 of the 12 Bens

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Re: Kayaking in Killary Fjord and hikes of 3 of the 12 Bens

Hi all,

Really hope you can help me here. We are planning to travel to Galway county this weekend for 1+ week.

We want to do some kayaking at the Killary Fjord. The ones available on the internet are either through Killary Adventure or Real Adventure, but they can be pretty expensive for 2 person. Would anyone know other ways we can go about hiring a kayak for 2 for say half a day?

Also, we are planning to hike 3 of the 12 Bens at Connemara. Would there be a good route/map to recommend us?

My other hikes in that area would be the Diamond hill and Croagh Patrick.

Cheers.

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,534 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Re: Kayaking in Killary Fjord and hikes of 3 of the 12 Bens

Take a look at the This is Cavan tourism website for contact leads and recommendations. The Cavan Way is a popular hill walking route and the Carratraw Canoe Centre for exploring the lakes. There is a local Cavan rambler club that may be able to help you if you get in touch through the Cavan tourist office. Any problems let me know on a pm and I will try and put you in touch with some of the members.

www.thisiscavan.ie

grafton
Level Contributor
645 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Re: Kayaking in Killary Fjord and hikes of 3 of the 12 Bens

Thank you for such a detailed trip report. Oh, to have your energy!

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
71 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Re: Kayaking in Killary Fjord and hikes of 3 of the 12 Bens

Thank you for sharing, lifemoveon! It is greatly appreciated! :)

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,534 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Re: Kayaking in Killary Fjord and hikes of 3 of the 12 Bens

lifemoveon ~ I just learned that there is a Cavan Walking Festival taking place during May 2014, this is an annual event that is gaining support from several national sporting organizations. Walks take place all over the county ranging from easy to more challenging hill walking. You can access information on the: www.thisiscavan.ie website or on the Cavan Walkers facebook page.

Edited: 12:07 pm, November 26, 2013
15. Re: Re: Kayaking in Killary Fjord and hikes of 3 of the 12 Bens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 28, 2014