We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 young people, 3 days in Galway, What to do?

Chicago, Illinois
5 posts
Save Topic
2 young people, 3 days in Galway, What to do?

My boyfriend and I will be travelling to Galway from Manchester England for 3 days. It is our first time to Ireland so we are trying to get an idea of what to do while we are there. First we will be flying into Dublin, then driving to Galway. What are some things, that a couple who are in there 20's, to do that isnt extremely touristy but something that we will both enjoy. We will have a car so any day trip suggestions that are worthwhile would be helpful. We have an idea of restaurants and bars that a friend from Galway suggested. Our plan was to not plan, but I would like to get some suggestions so I am not going into this blind. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
356 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 young people, 3 days in Galway, What to do?

You do not say what time of year you intend to travel to Galway; weather and the length of day will dictate to some degree what your out-of-doors options may be.

A visit to the Aran Islands may fall under the "touristy" banner but should not be excluded on those grounds. Once you rent a bike in Kilronan, Inishmore is all yours to explore.

Another option, again with a cycling opportunity, is to drive to Westport for a night; usually a lively spot in the evenings (there's more to town than Matt Molloy's pub) and the Western Greenway cycle path gives you a car-free route to cycle to Newport or Mulranny and back. If you are saddlesore from the Aran Islands, you can test your feet with a climb up Croagh Patrick.

If your visit happens to coincide with a Galway GAA football or hurling match, you might find the experience interesting.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
17,712 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 young people, 3 days in Galway, What to do?

…activeboard.com/t50055177/n59-galway-route/ & http://goo.gl/maps/iSQcB

3. Re: 2 young people, 3 days in Galway, What to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 15, 2014