We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maam Cross Horse Fair

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,402 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Maam Cross Horse Fair

There is a lovely programme on RTE 1 at the moment about this iiconic fair. Dates from 1989.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,528 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maam Cross Horse Fair

Digressing slightly, there was a wonderful programme on last night about Limerick and an amazing (innovative for the time) brass band named Boherbuoy. If they were that good back in the 70's, I wonder what they are like now?

The programme is on RTE player at the moment and is worth a look for a bit a nostalgia - like.

Search for this on the player "TV50: Country Brass - Boherbuoy Brass and Reed Band"

(Viewers outside of ireland will not be able to open the player - unfortunately)

Edited: 5:29 am, October 25, 2012
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,089 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maam Cross Horse Fair

Thanks for the note,

I have put links up for TV50 before and I think they can be accessed from overseas.

3. Re: Maam Cross Horse Fair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 08, 2013