We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin stop and go itinerary help

kansas
Level Contributor
162 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin stop and go itinerary help

This is our first day in Dublin. We will be back for another full day which we are thinking of taking a tour of New Grange with Mary Gibbons. The next day we will be there until early afternoon and would maybe see the Jeanie Johnson Famine ship or the Glasnevin Cemetary. We will be there another afternoon as well.

Here I just want to focus on my first day. Thanks for any suggestions.

Arrive 6:50 a.m (early but we won't waste a day)

After arriving at the hostel to drop of our luggage we plan to do the following:

Basically we will walk from our hostel which is near Trinity College to Kilmainham jail and see some sights along the way. We may walk back or take a cab. I've actually thought about a bike rental if there are good bike paths but I haven't heard anything.

Old Library (we will get a fast pass) to get in without staying in line. I'm thinking a 10:00 o'clock pass would be good to give us time to go through customs, take and drop off our luggage. We could do the Library last.

Kilmainham: It sounds like if we go later in the day that a pre-paid pass is what to do. Not sure.

Depending on the time: Here are some sites in between that we'd like to visit.

St. Patrick's Cathedral

Dublin Castle (museum?)

St. Micah's Church

Christ Church Cathedral

Grafton/Temple Bar walk/eat/drink sometime during the day

St. Stephens park.

Can we do all that in one day?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,928 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin stop and go itinerary help

Way too much for 1 day I think.

I would start at Trinity, then walk to Dublin Castle, and then on to EITHER Christchurch or St Pats and after that take a cab down to Kilmainham Jail. It's a bit of a trek to walk.

After that maybe go back and freshen up and head up to the Stephen's Green/Grafton St area for some food and drinks.

Even what I've suggested is a lot for a day but doable.

2. Re: Dublin stop and go itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 18, 2017