We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Townhouse Guest House

wichita,ks
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Townhouse Guest House

Does anyone have any experience with the Townhouse or the area where it is located(47 lower Gardiner St.) ? Thanks.

Pat

1. Re: Townhouse Guest House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:54 am, May 20, 2005
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Townhouse Guest House

The Townhouse has 2 sections, a hostel and the bed and breakfast, I stayed in the bed and breakfast about 1 year ago and found the accomodation to be excellent, this is more a guesthouse than a hotel but the room facilities were to the same standard if not superior, the breakfast was excellent and at the time they had an enclosed yard/garden were you could have your breakfast served to, I do not believe they were able to sell drinks but there are plenty of bars nearby, as for the area itself, well its not quite beverely hills, I would advise not to carry valuables about late at night, if you are staying next door in the hostel I cannot advise on that but depending on numbers you should consider self catering apartments which can be good value, stay dublin and molesworth are two of my top choices, enjoy your visit to Ireland.

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Townhouse Guest House

very dodgy area

ny
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Townhouse Guest House

The area is not at all 'dodgy'. It is located in the centre of the city so the usual rules regarding apply taking care of yourself, but no more than in any other part of the city.

Gardiner Street is located 50 yards from the central bus station,100 yards from O'Connell St and right beside the financial district.

Frankly areas such as Temple Bar and Grafton Street I would personally consider to be far more unsavoury at night time,particularly at weekends, when alcohol fuelled mayhem descends.

Gardiner Street, in my experience as an annual visitor to Dublin for over 20 years, is the best part of the city to stay in, offering great choice of accommodation levels from hostel to 4 star hotel, with over 30 separate businesses providing accommodation there.

I have stayed in most f the 3-4 star places in/around the street and have never once had a problem, nor witnessed anyone else have a problem with personal safety, etc.

Mentioned in this post
Grafton Street
Grafton Street
3,692 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
wichita,ks
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Townhouse Guest House

Thanks to everyone for their input. Will be staying for 3 days the first week of May.

Pat