We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worst Car Rental Company Ever - Sixt Dublin

Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Worst Car Rental Company Ever - Sixt Dublin

Sadly I was unable to find anywhere to review Sixt Dublin Airport to save other travelers the hassle and disaster I went through...As popular and great of a trip as roadtripping around the country is- I'm hoping this review can save other people from my nightmare- yes, its THAT BAD.

No matter how much money you might be saving on the initial rental cost, save yourself the time and heartache in the long run. Absolutely worst experience with ANY COMPANY I've ever had in my life.

Was rented out a previously damaged vehicle and I am still paying out the @$$ for their problems. Damage was noted on initial checkout so we carelessly thought the company would keep with their word- and happily went along with our vacation.

Had our vehicle break down in the middle of our trip, and was stranded because even though Sixt Dublin is 24 hours- their phone line isn't. Voicemail for days. Too long of a story to even begin to put into this review.. just know that they have the nerve to scam a $200 car rental into a $900, and could care less about their customers. Photos, Invoices, Paperwork, even Mechanics Statements and the company could care less. Biggest Scam out there- tons of horrible reviews on the internet if you search.

STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!

I've been arguing with the company for months now, and I still cant get a single person to help me.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
71. Re: Worst Car Rental Company Ever - Sixt Dublin

Thanks - I'll reach out to Christopher Elliott.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
17,589 posts
36 reviews
72. Re: Worst Car Rental Company Ever - Sixt Dublin

Irish laws in Ireland -. can't see how an US lawyer is going to help much. Get in touch with the appropriate body in Ireland - http://www.carrentalcouncil.ie/

or citizensinformation.ie/en/…renting_a_car.html

or Europe - or which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-to-co…

Edited: 3:36 pm, December 09, 2016
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
26,069 posts
78 reviews
73. Re: Worst Car Rental Company Ever - Sixt Dublin

i have just received confirmation from the regulatory body for car insurance in ireland re the excess imposed by sixt. it confirms what my memory was.

there must be no excess for tp claims, as it is in breach of "SI 14/192 road traffic (compulsory insurance) regs 1962 sect 5 (1) "

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
74. Re: Worst Car Rental Company Ever - Sixt Dublin

Wow - that is very helpful. Do you happen to have a link to that regulation? I've googled it but cannot find one. I'd love to be able to send a copy of it to Sixt and get their response.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
75. Re: Worst Car Rental Company Ever - Sixt Dublin

Actually, I found it: irishstatutebook.ie/eli/…print

Thanks.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
9,287 posts
76. Re: Worst Car Rental Company Ever - Sixt Dublin

@billman:

This June 2016 Irish Times article might be of passing interest as well, by way of background:

irishtimes.com/business/work/family-values-d…

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
26,069 posts
78 reviews
77. Re: Worst Car Rental Company Ever - Sixt Dublin

interesting...in a way. i love his comments about claiming ownership of hud! it has been used in some cars for years, but i have yet to see any rental car with a dedicated hud added as an aid to tourists. i wonder, has anybody, including ones renting from sixt, had a car with a hud that was not part of the normal spec of a car?

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
7,214 posts
78. Re: Worst Car Rental Company Ever - Sixt Dublin

The HUD they are referencing in the article is nothing like what you would see in a fighter jet. It is nothing more than a sticker on the dashboard, printed backwards, with a big "Keep Left" arrow in a representation of two driving lanes. You simply see the reflection in the lower right corner of the windshield. It is a reminder, but I also found it to be distracting after awhile.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
26,069 posts
78 reviews
79. Re: Worst Car Rental Company Ever - Sixt Dublin

doubt that you could get a patent for that! some one else had the mad idea for selling left hand gloves only so as to remind you to drive on the left. wonder what happened to all the right hand ones? exported to america?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
6,118 posts
618 reviews
80. Re: Worst Car Rental Company Ever - Sixt Dublin

They ended up in a '2nd hand shop' maybe? :P lol