We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Jury's Christchurch

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Airport to Jury's Christchurch

I found a web page for a bus ( 747-airlink) from the airport to Dublin. But it seems to drop you off at The central Bus station. With luggage it looks like it might be a bit too far from Christchurch.Is there a better bus for us or a better solution.

Thank you.

dublin
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Jury's Christchurch

if your on a tight budget you could take this bus or the aircoach and then get a taxi from which should not be too much but a taxi from thhe airport depending on the time of day should only cost around 25 to 30 euro anyways.

pme
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
226 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Jury's Christchurch

the 748 goes from the a/port to hueston stn via the city centre. as far as i know (but check with the driver before boardng) it stops on request at dublin city council civic offices, wood quay which is a 5 min walk from jury's. alternatively, get off the bus at connolly train stn and get the # 90 bus and get off at the civic offices. check out dublinbus.ie

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to Jury's Christchurch

Thanks for the two ideas. I had thought for some reason that the bus stopped at more place in Dublin. But I guess not.

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to Jury's Christchurch

The 747 stops on request along the route into the city centre. The main city centre stops are O'Connell Street and the Bus Station (Busaras).

748 will stop on request at the Dublin City Council Civic Offices which is close to your hotel. Both 747 and 748 are express buses which cost 5euro. 748 only runs every 30 mins or so whereas 747 runs every 10 mins or so. Check www.dublinbus.ie for more details.

16A is a local bus which will let you out on Dame Street which is a 10 minute(max) walk from your hotel. This is a local bus so is slower than an express but only costs 1.65. Again see www.dublinbus.ie

Aircoach also operates but does not go too close to your hotel. The nearest stop is at Trinity College. See www.aircoach.ie for details

California
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to Jury's Christchurch

Irish_Eyes, can you help me with the 16A? I took that bus last year when I was staying on South Great George's Street. This year I'm staying at Eliza Lodge on Wellington Quay and I thought I'd take the 16A into town again. The bus goes down Westmoreland to Dame before turning on South Great George's right? Looks like I could get off on Dame and then walk up to Eustace which should take me to Wellington, right?

Any idea where that last stop is on Dame before it turns? I could get off on South Great George's and just walk back to Dame if I have to but I was wondering if there was a stop on Dame that was a little closer.

Thanks!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
111 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to Jury's Christchurch

The 16A stops on Dame St between the junctions with Suffolk St/Church Lane and Trinity Street. I think his is the closest stop for Eliza Lodge: you just cross Dame Street, turn left, walk about 200m and then turn right at Apache Pizza down Eustace Street.

I've created an Inside Dublin page with deails of how to reach many Dublin hotels from the airport by public transport. The page is at: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186605-c2222/Dublin:… . Feel free to edit and add details.

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to Jury's Christchurch

Dublin Boy has it spot on. There is just 1 stop for the 16A on Dame Street. This is best for you. The 16A goes down D'Olier street on the way from the Airport and up Westmoreland Street on the way to the Airport. This is because these are 1-way streets.

The Dame Street stop is quite busy so you should realise when you reach it! Get off straight after you see Trinity College

Genoa, Italy
Level Contributor
374 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to Jury's Christchurch

and which is the best stop with airlink for eliza lodge?

Genoa, Italy
Level Contributor
374 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to Jury's Christchurch

and which is the best stop with airlink for eliza lodge?

California
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport to Jury's Christchurch

dublin_boy and irish_eyes, thanks so much for the info on the 16A. I appreciate you both giving me the landmarks to look out for (Apache Pizza at Eustace and Trinity College).