We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liverpool FC supporters pub?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Liverpool FC supporters pub?

A deal I made with my husband: We forego a day trip to Liverpool to watch a match live in return I find him the "perfect" pub to watch the match in Dublin. This is quite the concession as he is mad for Liverpool. Any tips? I apologize in advance and plead ignorance if Dublin and Liverpool FC have some sort of deep rooted rivalry that I don't know about. I'm just a gal trying to get an extra day in Dublin ;) Thanks!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,461 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liverpool FC supporters pub?

There are a number of Liverpool Supporters clubs in Dublin.

This is one of them. http://lfcsouthdublinbranch.ie/ If you make contact with them, you might get lots of good information.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Liverpool FC supporters pub?

I don't claim to be an expert on Dublin pubs, but I do watch matches in pubs. There may be a few pubs that are favoured by Liverpool supporters but you will always get a mix of punters. Who are they playing on the day that you are here?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
4,614 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Liverpool FC supporters pub?

As usual I will recommend the Woolshed Pub for matches. If Liverpool are playing there are usually a good number of supporters there watching the game with a great atmosphere, depending on who they are playing of course.

http://www.woolshedbaa.com/dublin/

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Liverpool FC supporters pub?

That's quite the concession he's given up!! Especially if you were actually able to get tickets to a game. There are lots of Liverpool supporters in Dublin, in fact they have played here twice in the last year. Woolshed is a good option

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
4,614 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liverpool FC supporters pub?

As an option, I would be prepared to go to Liverpool with your husband and let you continue your trip in Dublin for that extra day while we get to see the real deal in Anfield? lol ...... I really wouldn't like him to miss out on this trip of a lifetime and as a Liverpool fan myself, I feel it my duty to ensure he knows that I feel his pain and I should let him know that I am there with him and for him as a Liverpool fan and that I should state to him that You'll Never Walk Alone! (ha ha) .... Deal? :P

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,579 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Liverpool FC supporters pub?

My other half is a die hard Liverpool fan! I don't think there's one pub dedicated to supporting Liverpool but the Woolshed, mentioned above, show all their games and have a nice crowd.

We've done numerous day trips to Liverpool with Ryanair, the flight is only 25 minutes. We've gone on match days and non match days, it's a fun city and accessible as a day trip. Last time we went Liverpool were playing away but we watched the match in The Boot Room at Anfield. Each booth has it's own little TV!

Enjoy!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Liverpool FC supporters pub?

Thanks all! I do feel some guilt and offered to go to Anfield afterall. But the logistics of getting there after a red eye the day before are looking grim. They are playing Everton that day 9/27 and he could get tickets because of his supporters club here in California. So it's up in the air at this point. Professor I may take you up on that offer! At the very least maybe we could meet up with you Reds at the pub if we don't make it to Anfield!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Liverpool FC supporters pub?

And PS - he has been to Anfield for a match in the past. Just a side note :)

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
4,614 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Liverpool FC supporters pub?

:) .... The offer still stands so just let me know lol :P .....And what a game to be able to get tickets for, the Derby game against Everton .... wow ...... all that being said ...... If it's a pint or three in the Woolshed, I'm sure it will be a good day (and result) :) .... and PS, I have been to Anfield a number of times also ...and seen them play in Dublin earlier this year ..... just a bigger side note. hahah

Edited: 2:16 pm, August 08, 2014
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Liverpool FC supporters pub?

HaHa! My comment was less a brag and more a "don't feel too bad for him cause he's already been there before/I swear I'm not a mean wife" But you win for sure ;) Cheers!