We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Hotels

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,960 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Hotels

It has been a number of years since we stayed in an airport hotel ( Bewley's) as a family and we now have another addition. Would anyone be able to recommend a hotel that can cater for a family of 5, (kids 14, 11 and 5) without going to the expense of taking 2 separate rooms?

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,320 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Hotels

Sorry dok but with that ensemble, I do wish you all the best.

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Hotels

The Premier Inn Dublin Airport has some big rooms fitted with two pretty good size bed and we had one (a corner room -- over-looking the coffee shop on the West end ) that could easily accommodate an extra, rollaway single.

Quite reasonable rates, if you book on the Corporate site and pre-pay. Hotel was quite excellent, although food service is rather 'Hit or Miss' . . .

Beaufort, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Galway
Level Contributor
3,960 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Hotels

Thanks guys. Not worried about the food. Won't be eating there ( flight departs at 07:00 )

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
25,305 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Hotels

You're going to have problems - I speak as the parent of 3, one of whom has now left home.

If you ask Bewleys for a pair of interconnecting rooms - they have them on the first floor of the Dublin Airport hotel then you can have the gang sleep in one while the adults have some space and privacy in the other one. Because Bewleys are usually such good value this works well.

The Interconnecting rooms are much safer.

The only other alternative is two rooms with one adult in each - I know there are insurance issues with someone younger than 16 being the oldest person in a hotel bedroom.

This is the only solution I can think of. We had this problem for quite a few years.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Hotels

I haven't stayed in Bewley's hotel but I use it a lot for Parking. It has a very good bus service and the bar and food areas are really nice.

Edited: 9:46 am, April 20, 2014
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,094 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Hotels

We are also a family of 5.... Very difficult to find suitable hotels in most places without having to go for the 2 rooms 1 adult in each option. Thankfully we don't have to worry about Dublin airport hotels but am curious to know how you get on. Good luck with the mission dokgolf ;-)

7. Re: Airport Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 23, 2015