We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days Dublin June9-13 day trips?

atlanta
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Topic
4 days Dublin June9-13 day trips?

Booked Grafton Hotel triple. We would like to do 2 day trips. Day trip on Dart to Howth or Dalkey? Over the top Trek tour or Walkabout Wicklow tour? Mary Gibbons Newgrange tour? I will have my 16 y son and 22y daughter. Also wondered about Ghost tour and Comedy Crunch? We have done Ghost tours all over the world. My son loves comedy. We will also be back in Dublin for a day before we leave.

So far I have planned Food, Folklore, and Faires or Celtic Night at Arlington

Gardens for me

HoHo bus first day

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days Dublin June9-13 day trips?

North of Dublin, we liked Newgrange/Knowth, Trim Castle, Hill of Tara.

South, we liked Irish National Stud, Glendalough, Powerscourt Gardens.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
315 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days Dublin June9-13 day trips?

During that time of the year, I would recommend both Dalkey and Howth. Both are great for views !!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
12,984 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days Dublin June9-13 day trips?

If you want to do the Cliff Walk at Howth, you'll see some great coastal scenery. (If you don't plan to do the Cliff Walk, you probably won't need a full day for Howth.)

If you want to see amazing scenery + fascinating Irish history, then do a tour to Glendalough and Wicklow.

If you want to see ancient historical sites in Ireland, do the tour to Newgrange.

I've been to all three places (although we visited on our own, not with a tour company) and enjoyed them all. You won't go wrong with whichever you decide to do. (But, personally, Glendalough was my favorite of the three.)

atlanta
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 days Dublin June9-13 day trips?

Wow, I want to go to them all! We need more time. I may need to adjust my itinerary. June 9th arrive Dublin in morning. Newgrange on day and Glendalough/Wicklow another. 12th Dublin sights . Is Taste of Dublin worth the time? June 13th, train to Cork and concert (The Coronas). Cohn day trip on the 14th. Car hire in Cork and drive to Killnarney on 15th. Ring of Kerry self tour or Gap of Dunloe tours on 16th? Train back to Dublin on 17th and Cliff walk in Howth on 18th and fly out 19th.

5. Re: 4 days Dublin June9-13 day trips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, March 11, 2015