We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for Garth brooks concert!

northern ireland
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Hotel for Garth brooks concert!

Hi everyone. Hoping you can help. I'm super excited about hopefully seeing Garth in concert on Croke park this July. I had originally hoped to make a night of it and stay in the city centre with my hubbie. However, after spending the last two hours or so, it looks like all the hotels are already booked up!!! At least those that are within our budget are booked up. So, here's my question. Would we be as well staying a bit further out I.e airport hotels or in swords etc somewhere? Would this be doable? We would be driving down from 'the north'. Hope to hear from someone soon so I can get a hotel booked then I just have to worry about getting tickets !! Thanks

Mentioned in this post
The Croke Park
The Croke Park
4,855 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
30,040 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel for Garth brooks concert!

Your budget would help.

northern ireland
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel for Garth brooks concert!

Oh sorry, hadn't thought. Our budget would be up to £150 for the night. Thanks

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
8,697 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel for Garth brooks concert!

The Marine Hotel in Sutton, in north Dublin is showing availability within your budget for 25th and 26th July, 2014:

http://www.marinehotel.ie

As is The Grand Hotel in Malahide:

http://www.thegrand.ie

http://www.enjoymalahide.com

150 sterling is approximately Euro 180, at today's conversion.

Edited: 5:04 pm, January 20, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Malahide
Malahide
County Dublin, Ireland
Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel for Garth brooks concert!

Hi Missdove

Dependant on where in N.I you will be travelling from - if you are taking the M1 down, consider staying in Drogheda or City North Hotel in Gormanston - which is less than 30 minutes from the city and far cheaper than Dublin options when gigs are happening in the city. Added advantage is that they usually have Concert packages - B&B plus coach transfer to/from venues. They don't seem to have anything listed as yet (was it only announced today?)

www.citynorthhotel.com

If you wanted to stay somewhere with a bit more "action" when you return from the concert, the accommodation options in Drogheda would probably be better suited

The Westcourt with they advantage (or disadvantage!) of Earth Nightclub - www.westcourt.ie Good for food too before you'd head off and usually free admission to Earth for residents

D Hotel www.thedhotel.com

or

Scholars Hotel www.scholarshotel.com

The local reputable Matthews Coaches (along with others) always run transport to events such as this and I know that they are the transport providers for City North Hotel. Other local bus services provide transport too and advertise closer to the time . commuter.matthews.ie/index.php…

Enjoy him. I'm not a fan, but attended one of his gigs in Croke Park years ago (under duress, and with a free ticket!) and found myself actually (kinda) enjoying it!

Mentioned in this post
Drogheda
Drogheda
County Louth, Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
The Croke Park
The Croke Park
4,855 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
30,040 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel for Garth brooks concert!

Book a south side hotel with parking close to a station. And take the DART over and back..

www.sandymounthotel.ie/

www.taratowers.com/

dublin
Level Contributor
131 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel for Garth brooks concert!

Lots of vacancies on www.trivago.ie and well within your budget for time frame in July when Mr Brooks is in Dublin. You won't need to say outside of city limits. Trivago was written up today in Irish Times as best value search engine for hotels in Dublin.

www.trivago.ie/…

Also, if B&B is an option you could try http://www.dublintourist.com.

Enjoy!*

Mentioned in this post
Brooks Hotel
Brooks Hotel
2,491 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
dublin,ireland
Level Contributor
49 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel for Garth brooks concert!

plenty of hotels near airport ,airside retail park and swords all abour 20mins drive to croke park all bus routes from these areas pass near croke park taxi would be abour 20 euros

Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel for Garth brooks concert!

Www.lidl-breaks.ie

Some hotels still available and only 39 euro b&b per person

Good luck

Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel for Garth brooks concert!

Www.lidl-breaks.ie

Some hotels still available and only 39 euro b&b per person

Good luck

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,981 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel for Garth brooks concert!

I'm not sure if Trivago list all of the hotel booking sites? I may be wrong on this but do they list Alpharooms, travelbag.co.uk, laterooms.com, expressrooms, atlaschoice, Octopus, hotelclub or do they just list those that they are affiliated with?