We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin Travel

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Middlesbrough...
2 posts
Save Topic
Dublin Travel

Hi i will be coming over to Dublin on 22nd of Feb.

What will be the best bus for me to get from the airport stopping at Travelodge (stephens green) ps is the hotel in a easy location to the shops and pubs?

Then on the same day i will be going to Fairyhouse Racecourse, what about Buses from Dublin to Fairyhouse.

any recommendations on pubs and resturants near our hotel

Thanks In Advance

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,217 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin Travel

The travelodge is very centrally located, lots of shops etc nearby. To get there from the airport you can take the Aircoach or airlink bus to the Trinity College area and walk from there - about a 10 min walk.

dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/…

www.aircoach.ie/map.routes.leopardstown.php

Your best bet to get to Fairyhouse would be the train, details here

fairyhouse.ie/Fairyhouse/…

There are shuttle buses on race days from the station to the course.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,755 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin Travel

Good central location lots of choice in the area, you might enjoy this one.

www.thehairylemon.ie/

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin Travel

If you are getting the train to Fairyhouse make sure you check the times in advance using the journey planner on www.irishrail.ie as on Saturday there is less service than during the week on that route. Also on weekends the service is not direct so you will need to make a very easy change at Clonsilla and take the train from there to M3 Parkway Station.

It is an easy walk from your hotel to Tara Street Station in the city centre where you catch a Maynooth bound service, change at Clonsilla for M3 Parkway

There are lots of pubs near your hotel, you wont be short! William Street, Georges Street and all the side streets off Grafton Street has loads of great pubs for you to wander in and out of

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin Travel

I just checked and you can take a direct bus from Dublin to Fairyhouse Racecourse. Here is the timetable:

www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1264767578-105.pdf

On Saturday this route departs on the hour and takes 40 mins (probably longer with traffic going to races). Note it is operated by Bus Eireann which is the national bus company and not Dublin Bus which is the city bus service. This is easier than having to take a train and a shuttle bus. I suggest if you take the bus that you ask the driver to point out where the stop is for returning to Dublin

Middlesbrough...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dublin Travel

Thanks for your help people. Cant wait to come over now.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,755 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dublin Travel

You're welcome.

Lots of local tipsters drink in this one.

www.theoldstandpub.com/

7. Re: Dublin Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 30, 2014