We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AerLingus just changed my flight... Is that normal?

Maine
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
AerLingus just changed my flight... Is that normal?

I am taking some flights with AerLingus and I just got an email stating they have changed the times on my flights. They have moved them hours from what they originally were and it is kind of screwing up my plans. Is that normal? They said they could extend my flight a day, but then I would need to add another night onto my hotel. What are my options. I called and they were able to switch one flight for me, but my flight home from Dublin is now in the morning, instead of late afternoon. I was hoping to get a short last day in the city, instead of rushing out.

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: AerLingus just changed my flight... Is that normal?

Where are you flying to/from? Not sure why they would cancel your original flights unless they need the aircraft for extra flights on a busier route.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AerLingus just changed my flight... Is that normal?

Airlines change flight times and schedules all the time. Have a look on the website and see what other options work for you, call them back and see if they can accommodate you .

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AerLingus just changed my flight... Is that normal?

Any time I book with Aer Lingus which is not often I expect at least 2 changes was thinking of booking some flights to Faro not bad prices at the moment.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AerLingus just changed my flight... Is that normal?

Unfortunately that can happen - it has happened to me and it has screwed up my plans - but there is very little that can be done about it. If I recall correctly, they give you an option of a refund, if the flight that they have changed you to, does not suit you, but it can be too much trouble to start searching for other flights and they might cost you more anyway, and for the sake of that last morning that you were going to spend in Dublin, I think you will just have to put up with the inconvenience, annoying and all as it is.

Dallas, Georgia
Level Contributor
203 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AerLingus just changed my flight... Is that normal?

I have over 1,300,000 miles on Delta and been to Europe many times. Its hard to think, of a flight that I have taken to Europe, without a time change. Most are only an hour or so, or under, never anything like this. Once when our Delta plane came in, it need a major repair and Delta already had a replacement plane in the air. I find it pays, to fly only major world wide airlines.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AerLingus just changed my flight... Is that normal?

All airline companies sometimes change their flight times! if you are lucky they may even tell you,make sure they have an up to date contact number, always check the small print before you take it further, and keep checking the flight times on the net just before you fly,in the case of booking an extra night at the hotel you must take this matter up with the airline company.....

7. Re: AerLingus just changed my flight... Is that normal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, October 17, 2014