We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stag Do, St Patricks Day 2014

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Stag Do, St Patricks Day 2014

Hi All,

As best man, I've organised my best friends Stag do to Dublin for St Patricks day 2014. We arrive Sunday 16th (am), and leave Tuesday afternoon. There will be between 12-16 of us.

I've got the flights and hotel booked, just wondered what sort of stuff goes on there over that time that might be fun.

What happens at Croke Park on St Patricks day? is it worth going to? Will it take all day?

I'm planning on doing the Guinness and Jameson's places on the Sunday, and Tuesday will involve a hangover, brunch, and heading to the airport.That leaves Monday... any suggestions?

Also - over here, you traditionally dress the stag up - we're thinking of all dressing up (possibly as Gru + minions from Despicable Me). Will this go unnoticed with it being St Patricks day, will it make us stand out more, will anywhere be funny about letting us in?

Thanks for any advice / ideas!

Mark

Dublin
Level Contributor
913 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stag Do, St Patricks Day 2014

Not wanting to rain on your parade, but just to let you know stag parties were treated with hostility in many of the pubs in the city centre. I did hear someone counter claim that this has eased up, but I wouldn't bank on it, and if you are very OTT than you might find it hard to get in anywhere.

Town is out and out hyper on this night. IMO St. Patrick's night is certainly not for the faint hearted, and is well messy - is that a stag though.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,695 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stag Do, St Patricks Day 2014

You might like to come in here.

www.gogartys.ie/

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stag Do, St Patricks Day 2014

The All Ireland club football and hurling finals are on in Croke Park on st Patrick's day. This is the culmination of all the local competitions around the country and is a great way to see our national games.

Unlike the top level inter-county (highest level of play) finals you can just buy tickets on the day for the club finsls and there is usually 35,000 or so there. The 2 matches are on in the afternoon so you would probably be there 3hours.

Many tourists go to the parade in the morning and then walk to Croke park in the afternoon

4. Re: Stag Do, St Patricks Day 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 13, 2014