We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from East Midlands airport

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nottingham
Level Contributor
27 posts
Flights from East Midlands airport

Ryanair have flights Friday morning/night outbound and Sunday night return for a weekend in March. £110 or 140 return.Trying to establish whether you can get flights cheaper through sales for same type of times or whether best to book to ensure seats.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
1. Re: Flights from East Midlands airport

Ryanair's prices don't usually come down in my experience.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
16,645 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: Flights from East Midlands airport

Never book a Ryanair flight more than 3 months or less than 1 month in advance. You will ger the basic flight under £20 provided you are outside peak times/

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,043 posts
3. Re: Flights from East Midlands airport

If its the weekend of st Patrick's day (14-17th) then I doubt they will come down. If its the other weekends then they will probably get cheaper

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
192 reviews
4. Re: Flights from East Midlands airport

I agree with Tony, it is not a good idea to book too far ahead with Ryanair. You should sign up for their mailing list and they will alert you to upcoming sales.

However, as irish_eyes says, if it is St Patrick's weekend , the price will probably not come down.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,645 posts
38 reviews
5. Re: Flights from East Midlands airport

Tickets for St Patrick's weekend this year purchased in February were £12 each way EMA to DUB or NOC our neighbours come from Nottingham and have family over every year.

Christina insisted on buying tickets Liverpool to Bergerac back in March for last week, cost over €300 return. Had she booked the end of July the tickets would have cost €68 return !!

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Flights from East Midlands airport

we were wondering where you had been.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
7. Re: Flights from East Midlands airport

<Never book a Ryanair flight more than 3 months or less than 1 month in advance. You will ger the basic flight under £20 provided you are outside peak times>

This may well be true, however with every rule there are exceptions. Ryanair increase prices for large sporting events (soccer matches, rugby matches etc) as soon as they are announced.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,645 posts
38 reviews
8. Re: Flights from East Midlands airport

I haven't been in France, just busy with visitors over here, playing B&B host, tour guide, travel agent, private driver and other such things for 3 weeks,, my laptop died from exhaustion and Chris beggered off to the sunny Dordogne as tag along baby sitter, Pick her up from NOC on Wednesday. Then I get over to Southport on the 18th for a few days (non) R&R.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,898 posts
185 reviews
9. Re: Flights from East Midlands airport

I check Ryanair flights every day for a handful of locations. The prices change practically everyday. For example I have been checking flights to Palma for mid October going back a number of weeks. They have ranged return for two people from €170 to €210 to €145 to €180 to €210 and now circa €170. They are all over the place. In my opinion the best time to purchase is about 4 to 6 weeks before flight and fly midweek.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
3,807 posts
10. Re: Flights from East Midlands airport

Avoid Paddy's weekend and you'll get cheaper flights.