We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin Airport to St. Stephen's Green

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dublin Airport to St. Stephen's Green

Hi,

My wife and I will be arriving in Dublin around 7 AM (Saturday) and need some input on transportation to St. Stephen's Green (or thereabouts - staying at Albany House). All previous posts are a bit dated, so I thought I'd re-ask.

I see that one suggestion is to take the Aircoach Ballsbridge line to the Kildare St. stop. This seems to make sense and isn't overly expensive (walking isn't a problem). Is this still currently the best option?

Though, I do have a concern about timing. I tried to check the timetable on the Aircoach website, but apparently they've suspended service on some of the Ballsbridge stops and as a result don't have a timetable available. I'm not sure why they'd take the whole thing down - does this really mean the line isn't running at all? If not, does anyone have a general idea of bus frequency?

Thanks

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,402 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin Airport to St. Stephen's Green

The Stillorgan Aircoach route is still running and turns in to Kildare Street. You can always get off at the stop before Kildare Street (they are only about 200yds apart) at Trinity College/Grafton Street. Walk in a straight line up Grafton Street, alongside St. Stephens Green on your left and in to Harcourt Street. About 500 yds in total from when you get off the bus. I would think that both the Kildare Street stop and the Grafton Street stop are a similar distance from your hotel.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
105 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin Airport to St. Stephen's Green

The Aircoach is certainly your best option, it leaves from outside the airport arrivals, terminal 1 every 15 minutes and swings by T2 on the way out, is very reliable and punctual, there are usually people standing beside the buses to sell tickets and answer questions, you should get the Airport to Donny brook/Leopardstown service aircoach.ie/table.routes.dublin.citycentre.p… and as the BOXtheFOX has said get off at the Grafton Street stop and you'll be fine, €7 one way, €12 return.

Oslo
Destination Expert
for Norway, Oslo
Level Contributor
12,042 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin Airport to St. Stephen's Green

When doing a search on TA forum note the 'Sort by' box at the top and choose date instead of relevance - then you'll get all the up to date information.

Boston...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin Airport to St. Stephen's Green

Thanks all for the input. Aircoach to Grafton St. it is.

5. Re: Dublin Airport to St. Stephen's Green

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 05, 2014