We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay

Will be on a trip with 3 single guys in there early 30's in early October. We will be in Dublin for 2 days and then headed to the west coast for a couple days to meet some friends. I am looking on some advice for places to stay in Dublin. We're not rich by any means but are all employed, doing fairly well and willing to pay for convenience to be close to the more popular bars/pubs in the popular areas. Proximity to do some sightseeing during the days either to public transportation or within walking distance of the places to see would also be preferred if possible. Any advice is much appreciated.

Gray Line Dublin
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips, Taxis & Shuttles
LFL Worldwide Chauffeur Services
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Level Contributor
65 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

Hi, I'd recommend looking around the temple bar area / surrounds. Lots of bars, restaurants and shops on your doorstep. Walking distance to the train & Luas (tram) lines. Either that or just over the river on the north side, between Jervis & Lower Gardiner Streets. You'll be close to everything you're likely to need :)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,594 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

How much would you like to pay per room? In Euro!

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

Try the Arlington Hotel right on the Liffey, I,ve stayed here many many times They have Irish Dancing and Music most nights, Plus if you enjoy watching live sport they normally show this as well. Not at the same time though lol!!!

Level Contributor
194 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

I can second the Arlington Hotel, my wife enjoyed our stay there. Always something going on downstairs, bartenders were all very friendly and helpful. The location is perfect, walking distance to everywhere, including the Guinness Factory!

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
29,205 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay

This one is party central.

6. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 28, 2014