We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cork b&b - family friendly

San Diego...
9 posts
Save Topic
cork b&b - family friendly

hello,

my family and i (my husband and i, our 3 kids under 12 and my in-laws) are traveling to cork aug 18-21 and basing our stay here while we explore the surrounding area (kerry, kinsale, waterford). don't know if this is asking too much, but we are interested in a b&b that:

1. is in a safe area

2. has free/cheap/easy parking

3. easy to get in and out of to visit surrounding areas

4. spacious - not too cramped feeling

5. air conditioning?

6. walking distance to pubs, restaurants as we plan on frequenting while the gp watch ;)

i've read a lot of posts on this forum - so great. would the belvedere lodge fit this? fenroyd is booked.

thank you!

kim

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,029 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cork b&b - family friendly

I don't know that I would want to stay in Cork City as a base for Kerry, that's a bit of driving back and forth every time you go out. You don't mention where in Kerry you're headed, but it would seem to make sense to stay there rather than Cork if that's where you're visiting. Waterford would also be about 3 hours driving, round trip.

I wouldn't expect air conditioning in a home in Ireland, not sure if you'd need it anyway, you'd be very lucky to have a day in Cork in August where the temp would hit 70 (Fahrenheit) for a high.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cork b&b - family friendly

Just a thought, but why not ask this in the Cork forum for better advice.

San Diego...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cork b&b - family friendly

thanks for the travel (& weather) advice. will repost in cork forum.

4. Re: cork b&b - family friendly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 08, 2014