We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SIXT Car Rental Dublin Airport, Full Tank Issues

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
5 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
SIXT Car Rental Dublin Airport, Full Tank Issues

Very bad service!

When picking up the car at Dublin AIRPORT we had to wait quite a long time (but that was still ok). Then my credit card was not able to reserve the 1100 EURO excess we were supposed to reserve. We offered to pay the deposit in cash, but they wouldn't have it. So eventually we were forced to pay for 16 days of CDW. That doenw e went to pick up the car. There again we had to wait for a long time (it definitely was 20minutes). A guy just pointed to the car and said we could go... I was toally surprised cause last time I booked a car with another company (can't remember) they went around the car with me checking meticulously for scratches and so on.

While travelling and eventually having to put fuel in the car we started getting suspicious. Fuel price was below 1.60Euro per liter (June 20139 and the tank (we checked later on the internet to confirm our suspicions) was only 45l (car was Renault Clio). However we had to pay 109EURO for a full tank!!! What a rip-off! Nearly 40 Euro for WHAT??? Does anyone know how they come up with this price?

Also we ended up having huge issues in Dublin because due to a series of unfortunate events our car was parked in a parking that opened half an hour before our flight was to leave (blame to hotel for sending us there cause there car park was full). The hotel staff had offered to take the car to SIXT for free cause we had taken a cab to get our flight, but then SIXT was being really unhelpful and told them that the insurance doesn't cover anything. So we're gonna have to pay even more money since SIXT staff eventually picked up the car for us.

(We understand that we have to pay if they pick up the car, but they could have been more undestanding of the situation).

43 replies to this topic
Maryland
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: SIXT Car Rental Dublin Airport, Full Tank Issues

nakagoli- the original poster actually quoted the text directly from her rental agreement its clearly not a problem of "mishearing".

Sunny

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: SIXT Car Rental Dublin Airport, Full Tank Issues

Last week we arrived in Dublin airport. I reserved a 9 seater van weeks before and called the day before pick up to make sure all was well, it was.

All the other car hire desks were not busy. SIXT had a long line, we stood for near 2 hours as I got closer to the desk. It was oblivious that the reason for the delay was, the staff had to explain to everybody the extras that were added on. I choose SIXT because they were the cheapest on line. The difference between the online quote and the at the desk quote was about 250 euro. The service was brutal, so bad infact I had to vent. I left SIXT frustrated with no vehicle. I went to another car rental desk in the terminal, got 2 cars, for half the cost and it took maybe 10 minutes. SIXT get the business from the prices they offer on line to folks coming from away. Then they all line up, get abused, get charged more for their trouble. Avoid these cowboys.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
18,007 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: SIXT Car Rental Dublin Airport, Full Tank Issues

oh oh. you are now going to get stung with the cancellation charge. read your terms and conditions

Bedfordshire...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: SIXT Car Rental Dublin Airport, Full Tank Issues

I wish someone would call me back!! I have left numerous voice messages to an unanswered telephone in Dublin Airport!!! I am calling from England and it is regarding charges made to my credit card long after my hire!! This is for exaggerated charges for using the M50 toll in Ireland which I in fact paid for in the fuel garage every time I used.... How unprofessional that I cannot speak to a human being on the overside of the phone lines...... Please pick up your voice messages and have the decency to return the calls.... Thank You...

Bedfordshire...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: SIXT Car Rental Dublin Airport, Full Tank Issues

I wish someone would call me back!! I have left numerous voice messages to an unanswered telephone in Dublin Airport!!! I am calling from England and it is regarding charges made to my credit card long after my hire!! This is for exaggerated charges for using the M50 toll in Ireland which I in fact paid for in the fuel garage every time I used.... How unprofessional that I cannot speak to a human being on the overside of the phone lines...... Please pick up your voice messages and have the decency to return the calls.... Thank You...

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
18,007 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: SIXT Car Rental Dublin Airport, Full Tank Issues

the charges are not exaggerated. all companies charge an admin fee of somewhere around 40€ for providing details to the authorities. you can now expect a notification of a fine which increases rapidly if you ignore it. this will then be followed up by a collection agent at your door. collection of fines has nothing to do with sixt!

i rang their listed number and got straight through without any problem. so the number is working ok.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,687 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: SIXT Car Rental Dublin Airport, Full Tank Issues

Agree. Would never use them again after Croatia last year!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
18,007 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: SIXT Car Rental Dublin Airport, Full Tank Issues

is dublin in croatia?

and, funny, looking a your posts, there is no mention of any problems or even croatia. so why not go to the croatia thread and post about your "experiences"?

Edited: 2:54 am, August 04, 2014
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,687 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: SIXT Car Rental Dublin Airport, Full Tank Issues

Don't be so rude!

I was referring to this company. Not the city

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
18,007 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: SIXT Car Rental Dublin Airport, Full Tank Issues

you do realise that there are different franchises in different countries? so why on earth would your experience in croatia result in a post saying not to use the franchise in dublin.

you posted on a forum supposedly related to ireland!

and oddly, you have not posted any comment about croatia, or for a complaint about sixt, there.

Edited: 2:44 am, August 09, 2014
Reply to: SIXT Car Rental Dublin Airport, Full Tank Issues
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted