We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ireland in June

Mansfield, Texas...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ireland in June

I am planning a trip to Ireland in June with my 18 year old daughter and 18 year old neice. We love the outdoors, adventures and the ocean. My daughter is also a musician and loves the arts. We are traveling June 26- July 1, so have limited time, flying in to Dublin. Any recommendations of "must see"?

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
15,574 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ireland in June

how many days on the ground will you have, will you have a car, do you have a few things or places in mind that you think you'd like to see/do?.....

with only 5-6 days and one of them being arrival day where jet lag zaps you and 1 being departure day, sadly, you will be very limited in how much you can see or do.....just let us know and you'll get lots of help......good help.....

Mansfield, Texas...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ireland in June

5 days on the ground with a rental car. Coming from Istanbul, so jet lag hopefully won't be too much of a problem. Would like to see beautiful beaches,kiss the Blarney Stone ?, rock climbing in Cliffs of Moher. Also want to see local village and, of course, an Irish pub.

Mentioned in this post
Mansfield, Texas...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ireland in June

Some things considering: Kellarney National Park, Galway Bay, Kilkenny, Blarney Castle, Cliffs of Moher. Or, heading north for Donegal, Giant's Causeway etc. Any advice for narrowing it down would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Kilkenny
Kilkenny
County Kilkenny, Ireland
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
30,345 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ireland in June

June is the perfect month to visit.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ireland in June

well, rock climbing on the Cliffs of Moher is a non starter!!

I would head to Killarney, then up to Galway and back, or even straight to Galway and see Connemara, then back. Trying to do too much will be a mistake.

Mentioned in this post
Killarney
Killarney
County Kerry, Ireland
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
Connemara
Connemara
County Galway, Ireland
Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
15,574 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ireland in June

keep in mind driving in ireland is nothing like driving here, not even close so as fuchsia says, trying to do too much is a mistake....

i love killarney but from dublin it will take you about 5 hours so i would say skip that and take advice already given....just head up toward galway, the burren, the cliffs of moher where of course you will not be allowed to climb....then maybe back toward dublin via bunratty and take the girls to the banquet at bunratty castle...you could visit quin and killaloe too, pretty little villages...in killaloe you could take the spirit of killaloe boat trek, it is breath taking......

hope that gives you a few ideas....happy travels.....

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ireland in June

Sunday 30th 3pm www.nch.ie/online

Mansfield, Texas...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ireland in June

Thank you so much. Many people have recommended Galway, so that's apparently a must. We will likely spend most of our time there and take little day trips for Cliffs of Moher and stuff.

Mentioned in this post
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
15,574 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ireland in June

mandy, please note i didn't say go to galway, "head toward"...not a galway fan myself....too crowded and driving in it is terrible, parking is hard to find and expensive...however, that said, the area in and around galway is hard to beat...

by your post it seems ideal for you and the girls with the burren, connemara, etc...you could do some hikings and maybe even find someone that could provide you with a climb (the locals can help you with that maybe).....

i know whatever you end up doing, you'll love it....

Doolin, Ireland
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ireland in June

Dear Mandy

Unfortunately you can't climb the Cliffs of Moher, but the new Doolin Cliffs of Moher Coastal walk is breathtaking. But if you are into Rock Climbing the village of Doolin has some of the best bouldering and rock faces in Ireland. A good article is www.theshortspan.com/guide/doolin.pdf which details a lot of the climbs, if you where interested in a good local provider I would recommend Ben benssurfclinic.com/bens-rock-climbing-clinic

Other great activities in the area sea kayaking, horse riding, surfing, cycle trails, and hiking. Doolin is also very popular with cavers/potholing, SCUBA but there is no provider of equipment. At night time you have 4 great pubs with live Irish Music nightly.

If you need any advice on other activities in the Doolin area please do not hesitate to contact me. or you can get more information on www.doolinhostel.ie

Enjoy the holiday

Anthony

Mentioned in this post
Doolin
Doolin
The Burren, Ireland
Ireland
Ireland
Europe