We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking near Dublin

Belleville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Parking near Dublin

We are staying in Enfield. We would like to visit Dublin a few times during our stay. We have a rental car. I was wondering if there is a place to park on the outskirts of the city, then perhaps take a local bus into the heart of the city. I have looked into the rail into Dublin and seems to be quite high for 4 people. Thanks so much for any help.

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,306 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking near Dublin

Park in Maynooth Train station and hop the train into Connolly Station in Dublin or the Naas Road Red Cow Roundabout where the Luas is you can park and ride from there.

Belleville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking near Dublin

I was looking at the Naas Road Red Cow Roundabout, is this a parking lot??

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,965 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking near Dublin

www.luas.ie/red-cow-car-park.html

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking near Dublin

Red cow Is a light rail park and ride at the intersection of the M50 and N7. There is also a rail park and ride at Navan Road Parkway close to the intersection of the M50 and N3 but you would pay a toll on the M50 to get there.

I agree you should drive to maynooth and take the train into Dublin as it will be cheaper and more frequent from maynooth than Enfield. See www.irishrail.ie for times

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking near Dublin

Return tickets from Maynooth to city are approx €7.25 per person. Return tickets from Navan road parkway or Red Cow P&R are both about €4.40 per person

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking near Dublin

The Navan Parkway train serrvice to Dublin is rush hours only. Off peak it runs to Clonsilla and you wait for a Maynooth/Dublin connection there. The trains are not too frequent on that line off peak - roughly every hour.. Plan in advance.

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking near Dublin

No, it is all day. You are thinking of the M3 Parkway service. Navan road parkway is just inside the M50 close to the M50-N3 interchange

Anyway the easiest thing is for the OP to drive to maynooth and take the train from there

Edited: 6:29 pm, February 23, 2013
Belleville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking near Dublin

THanks so much for all your help.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,965 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Parking near Dublin

You're welcome.

Many thanks for saying thanks.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parking near Dublin

I didn't know about the Navan Rd Parkway. Is that the station built to serve the Phoenix Park development which never got built?