We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental in Dublin

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
car rental in Dublin

Just a tip to avoid Hertz when renting, or at least give your car a good inspection prior to taking on the road. Our car pulled towards the left when driving and when I clipped a curb blew the tire.

We were lucky that a tire service store was close by and they had a replacement tire in stock. I asked the attendant to check all of the other tires at that time because this was the first day of our journey and I didn’t want any future problems. He indicated that the rear passenger tire was inflated at 25 psi, the driver’s side front was at 32 psi and the rear driver’s side tire was at nearly 50 psi !!! Hertz refused to reimburse for our costs stating their cars are inspected before and after each rental. I've seen several other Hertz related issues for Ireland reported in the news. Other than this unfortunate incidence, GPS helpful, and roads typically easy to follow if one concentrates.

San Diego
Level Contributor
191 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental in Dublin

Yes, it's always a good idea to check your car out fully when picking up your rental, no matter who you've rented it from - after all it's your own safety at stake and you have to be responsible for that.

Perhaps in retrospect you should have informed Hertz about this pulling to the left problem straight away. I don't think any of the car hire companies cover tire damage even with super CDW, so you probably made out cheaper paying for the tire repairs yourself.

Roads in Ireland can be rough on cars and those rentals do tend take a lot of abuse from hitting curbs and ditches. Sounds like adding a tire gauge to your luggage if you're renting a car is not a bad idea.

2. Re: car rental in Dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 26, 2014