We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aer Lingus on line flight bookings

Belfast, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Aer Lingus on line flight bookings

Hi there I recently booked flights on-line with Aer Lingus to Venice I waited until January 2013 just in case there might be a sale! When I started booking little pop-up messages started appearing "limited seats on this flight" "only two seats left". So right away I'm thinking better book now as my holiday was already booked for June 13. Then as I was double checking my details another pop-up "please hurry and complete to get these seats at these great prices" ( which they were not ) So I continued on when I checked the seat availability their where plenty of seats on the flight? Obviously this is their way of pressuring people to book flights rather than wait for any offers that may appear. These are Fraudulent claims openly made on the web site by the company to force people to book seats quickly surely this is not legal. Of course a week later they have a 20% sale on!! They have also made it difficult when paying encouraging you to pay in Stirling rather than Euro at a guaranteed rate then when its paid charging you 3% for the service? I have already sent an e-mail to their complaints team USA as there is no e-mail address for Dublin (wonder why) no response as yet and probably won't be. Any one else had a go at them?

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,806 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Aer Lingus on line flight bookings

An airline is a business. It's main goal is to make profits.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
8,747 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Aer Lingus on line flight bookings

I find the Aer Lingus website easy to use. When I see those pop ups about the number of seats I'm sure it says only x seats available at this fare.

I broke fuschiagirls rule of online booking and checked the price of flights during the sale for flights that we had already booked and paid for ..... and was delighted to see that they were now over €300 more expensive. Had I waited for 'an offer' I would have been disappointed, which is fair enough as Seanbee has quite rightly said their aim is to make a profit.

Sorry Brian G, but I really don't think you have anything to complain about. Just put it behind you and enjoy your trip.

13. Re: Aer Lingus on line flight bookings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 25, 2014